• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

where could I get hold of a conductor ticket clipper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoogaBarooga

Does anyone know if these things still exist? Do conductors still use them or is it all just pens?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

youngiecj

I still use one. Struggling to find a novelty one if anyone knows of a steam engine shaped one going anywhere!

The novelty ones I have found to be very awkward to use! Alas we are forced into pens in my part of the world now....

RPI

Established Member
We have Ziffa stampers at GWR, stamps the date and head code onto the ticket

trebor79

Established Member
Haven't seen a traditional "BR" punch used for along time now. Had my ticket punched by a novelty one a while ago that was in the shape of an arrow through a heart, which I thought was an interesting choice.
Some BR guards used something which embossed the ticket, I think with the date and/or some other details, but I haven't seen one of those for a very long time now.
Don't like the pen thing for some reason, bit it seems to be the most common method these days.

LoogaBarooga

We have Ziffa stampers at GWR, stamps the date and head code onto the ticket
These are the ones I'm thinking of, had my ticket clipped by them on LNER trains a few times.

Much classier than just a scribble with a pen.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Have a look on ebay.

i was on a pacer to Saltburn a few weeks ago and the person doing the ticket check drew a little smiley type face on everyone's tickets.

Czesziafan

Try eBay or the railwayana auction sites. Ticket nippers do turn up quite regularly. They don't tend to be expensive and are often marked with company initials.

Status
Not open for further replies.