• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where is the Flying Scottman????

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesHorrell

.... Is She still at the NRM York or has she been moved as i'm planing to go to NRM York on Thursday and i want my Baby cousin to see her as either me or him have seen her before and i would like to see her but if she has been moved at least Mallard Is Back At NRM York so it will still well worth still going if the Flying Scottman isn't there.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GearJammer

I believe i read in STEAM RAILWAY that its back at Rileys workshops, it needs its motion and wheels removed to deal with some cracks in the frame, so no, i don't think it is at York!
Now i could be wrong but i was under the impression that Mallard was at Shildon at the mo, so i don't think thats there either, but i do believe that if you like streamlined locos then "Duchess of Hamilton" is there in its streamlined form and if you squint hard enough you could call 34051 "Winston Churchill" streamlined.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Mallard got moved back to the NRM York a few days ago I believe. There's a video of the move kicking around on here somewhere.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Mallard got moved back to the NRM York a few days ago I believe. There's a video of the move kicking around on here somewhere.
Yup, Mallard was sat outside the workshops at the back of the NRM on Wednesday. Caused me to do a double take, I think that's the first time I've personally seen her in the open air, and I thought she was still at Shildon!

I think "Olton Hall" (a.k.a "Hogwarts Castle") was there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.