• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where is this bird

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigS

Established Member
Ok I have attached a photo showing a crow or something on a railway line somewhere.

So wheres this birds location?

Attachments

• DSCF1456.JPG
    DSCF1456.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 57
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
These are getting more impossible by the day :roll:

Spaceflower

Established Member
the up fast line?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
sorry, can i change that to the down fast

Dennis

Established Member
Well, I'm thinking it's not Crowborough or Turkey Street - that might narrow it down a bit.

Spaceflower

Established Member
It must of moved there from the ECML judging by its foot:shock:

I'll guess somewhere on the northern TPE network, Warrington Central?

Sir_Clagalot

Why is it that birds can sit on a 25kv line and not get cooked? If I touch it then I'm history!!

Spaceflower

Established Member
Yeah,but birds have the disadvantage of being sliced in two , and large panes of double glazing are just funny

NSEFAN

Established Member
(Sorry to go off topic)

Why is it that birds can sit on a 25kv line and not get cooked? If I touch it then I'm history!!

Because the electricity isn't earthed by the bird. It'll only get cooked if it makes an earth connection, so the current could flow through it.

However, a person jumping onto the wires would have to be near a pole or wall or something, so the current can flow through the person and too the ground, thus cooking the person. Lovely.

Mind you, when the wires are close to the train, a pidgeon can accidently earth the current from the wire to the train to the ground. I believe this happens often at Kings Cross Thameslink.

Established Member

because there not 'earthing' them selves;) , basically sitting on the ground while you touch it:lol:.

Fred.

Status
Not open for further replies.