• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where is this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Death

Established Member
I've got a good one for you (Although some of you may know it from a previous thread :lol:) [Image]
I thought that looked familiar... :lol:;)

But in any case, I managed to spot the location of that picture as soon as I quoted thy post! Looking at it carefully, the location of that picture is:
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9396/... :razz:

I'll get me coat... :roll::razz:

4SRKT

Established Member
That first pic by the OP could really have been anywhere, and you might as well start a thread asking "what station am I thinking about at the moment?".

will1337

Can anyone guess this station?
IMG_5733.jpg

Ivo

Established Member
Well, um... It's DC, which helps. It would appear to be unstaffed, although I may be wrong. I'm going to guess - or rather half-assume, from what I can see - that it is a Southern station [the company, not the area - that's just obvious!]. It has two platforms, which do not appear to be bi-directional.

Therefore, a wild guess...

Amberley?

will1337

Slightly in the distance, down from London is a level crossing. It's not a Southern station but in the Southern region. Trains go to a London Terminus in both directions and in one another destination also.

Ivo

Established Member
All right then, I shall choose a station on one of the Travelcard Zone Loops. I shall choose, again at total random, Albany Park [Dartford one way].

Sorry. I should say that I'm more familiar with north of the river in the South East area.

Ivo

Established Member
If it is Syon Lane I'm an idiot for not listening to instinct <( [this was my first guess after will1337 said "not Southern but Southern Region", which I decided to not say...]
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Okay, it is. I'm an idiot. Especially given my dad lives in Feltham (and I sometimes use that route back because it is quieter...)

For anyone who doesn't know, the non-Waterloo destination is Weybridge, or Woking on Sundays.

Last edited:

Established Member
I don't know. Is it Allen's West?

Surprised anyone knows where this is.

Brings me back to the first time I ever saw it as a child, for some reason I thought it said Alien's West (not entirely sure if someone had painted the 'l' to look like an 'i' or if it was just wishful thinking).

4SRKT

Established Member
Surprised anyone knows where this is.

Brings me back to the first time I ever saw it as a child, for some reason I thought it said Alien's West (not entirely sure if someone had painted the 'l' to look like an 'i' or if it was just wishful thinking).

Was Zontar on the platform?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'm gonna stab a guess at Abergele & Pensarn... :razz:

Actually it was Dublin Connolly, but as Abergele's on the line to Holyhead, it's not a bad stab ;)

Trains06

*EDIT* Sorry 90019 - I thought you were just suggesting that one to be used, not actually putting it there for the game :P

Last edited:

Ivo

Established Member
I've found that picture (eventually...) and the guesses from then match mine from now. I would actually have said either Gillingham or Whitchurch. Though it could be Andover - I don't know what Andover station looks like - as, contrary to that previous post, not everything stops there; at least one of the few SWT services here is fast Salisbury to Basingstoke.

...Any of those?

Ivo

Established Member
http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21112&page=3

The above is the link to the page (but not post) in question, but it doesn't actually seem to have an answer!!!!! <(

What if it is further down the line towards Penzance? This was clearly taken before SWT stopped running west of Exeter (50 days, give or take, against almost a year...), so I shall say - at total random - Ivybridge. Would the logic - if not Ivybridge! - be correct?

thefab444

Established Member
contrary to that previous post, not everything stops there; at least one of the few SWT services here is fast Salisbury to Basingstoke.

All SWT services stop at Andover, unless they are diverted via Southampton Central, which is not booked and occurs only during engineering works.

Oswyntail

Established Member
It looks a bit odd to me. My first thought was Balham*, but then I thought it looked mighty like Waverley. Do SWT run there? I know there have been some odd-liveried units around that way over the years.
(Or did I mean Wandsworth Common?)

Ivo

Established Member
Firstly, I probably got mixed up with the one service which runs Salisbury - Bristol only. But Andover isn't always declared as a served station from Bath.

As for the most recent answer, SWT don't serve Balham or Wandsworth Common. Both are Southern stations (and the Northern Line in Balham's case). I do agree with the West of England idea, but how far...

Status
Not open for further replies.