• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which bus do you dislike most, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
The B5LH is very popular in London, but I agree the lower rear layout is far worse than the E400H (or Borismaster)

It's purely because of how Volvo have packaged the engine and the hybrid equipment. They did the same thing before with the B7L, and that was just as bad a seating layout on the single decker version. Given how unpopular it was, I'm surprised they did it again, but there we are.

It's not a Wright thing: the E400MMC on the B5LH chassis has the exact same seating layout too.

I don't mind the seating layout, unless I end up stuck in one of those three seats on the back row. But that's the same for any bus that has the same seating layout: the back row on the Omnicity is pretty grim too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
The back row on most buses (rather than underfloor-engined coaches) is pretty grim anyway. At least these days it doesn't involve being baked alive and breathing in exhaust fumes.

ninhog

The Scania Omnicity. Cheaply built, poor quality, and with the second most uncomfortable seats behind the Urban 90. Only good thing to say for it is that the legroom is very good.

I used to love the 2003 Omnicitys we had at Metrobus/Go Ahead London in Orpington.

They were a dream to drive but I can't comment on the passenger comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.