• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which era would be more popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

43021HST

Established Member
Ok so I've started making the Alton to Woking line for Trainz, but I'm wondering what period would be more popular as I've been thinking of setting it either 15 years ago in the twilight of southern slammer operation, or making it present day with 450s operating.

What does RUK think anyway?

Please note the 450s are more difficult to create due to the lack of technical drawings readily available, drawings for 4VEPs and CEPs are far easier to get hold of and I've already started the DTS of a Class 423.
26938880260_89b7e41dd8_c.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NSEFAN

Established Member
The transition period from slammers to Desiros would of course be the most interesting, as you could have a mixture of stock. IIRC, 458s have worked at least part of the route in their early days, which also adds some variation. There was at least one NSE liveried VEP unit on SWT right up until the end, as well as the celebrity 3417 in BR blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.