• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which sprinter do you love the most?

Which sprinter do you love the most?

Votes: 11 12.9%

Votes: 6 7.1%

Votes: 2 2.4%

Votes: 21 24.7%

Votes: 18 21.2%

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • I HATE THEM ALL!!!

Votes: 12 14.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Well for me it has to be the 158's (I understand the 159's are similar but I haven't had enough experience of them to comment). They're comfy, the interior has a lovely ambience (the lighting and materials are a lot less garish and clinical than many more modern units) and they still look stylish and attractive. Nuff said.

With regards to Northerns 150's - yes, they do need some major tlc, however, it was very nice when one unexpectedly arrived on my evening commute and I was able to drink a cup of tea and read a newspaper comfortably without needing the physical agility of a circus contortionist. They're still far better than anything in the 14X series.

ukrob

Established Member
I went for the 150 as I remember them shiny brand new when I was a kid coming to replace the 101's. So maybe a soft spot for them.

The 156 is a train I really cant stand, mainly down to the ridiculous legroom that makes Voyagers and Pendolinos look positively generous.

Since when was the legroom better on airline seats on a 150 than airline seats on a 156?

Arriva158

Since when was the legroom better on airline seats on a 150 than airline seats on a 156?

Last time i was on a FNW150 i needed legroom BADLY... 156's aren't too bad for them if i remember correctly but i always try and get the disabled seats for extra legroom.. being 6ft6 myself its not always easy in the small seats but all sprinters are brilliant! :D:D

PS never talk about that plastic virgin nonsense again! Pretendolino all the way!

If I was the fleet Manager for East Midlands Trains
On the Sprinter fleet I would have:
9 Class 150 units
They would run on the Robin Hood Line, Nottingham to Matlock, Derby to Crewe and many other local routes.

19 Class 153 single car units to be used on the Derby to Crewe services, Nottingham to Matlock, Lincolnshire rural routes which are Peterborough to Lincoln/Doncaster and Newark to Grimsby Town/Cleethropes and coupled onto other sprinter trains on other routes during busy times.

14 Class 156 units on the Leicester to Lincoln route and Nottingham to Skegness.

24 Class 158 units for the Liverpool to Norwich routes and many other EMT local routes.

Wyvern

Established Member
If I was the fleet Manager for East Midlands Trains
On the Sprinter fleet I would have:
9 Class 150 units
They would run on the Robin Hood Line, Nottingham to Matlock, Derby to Crewe and many other local routes.

19 Class 153 single car units to be used on the Derby to Crewe services, Nottingham to Matlock, Lincolnshire rural routes which are Peterborough to Lincoln/Doncaster and Newark to Grimsby Town/Cleethropes and coupled onto other sprinter trains on other routes during busy times.

14 Class 156 units on the Leicester to Lincoln route and Nottingham to Skegness.

24 Class 158 units for the Liverpool to Norwich routes and many other EMT local routes.

Isnt that what they've got already? :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.