• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Who is in control of Boris's Bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakenhamtrain

Apparently each of the (1,000) new Routemasters cost £355,000. That is an astronomical amount of money for a bus. Even more-so when you consider the quantities of scale that an order of 1,000 should have brought.

So Boris spent £355 million just on a new bus fleet, wow. I would say that is at least 2.5x as much as what they ought to have cost and maybe a lot less for such a whopping order?
Meanwhile down here our government spent around 8 million pound of 100 new buses.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

furnessvale

Established Member
Meanwhile down here our government spent around 8 million pound of 100 new buses.
Unless I am reading press reports wrongly, only 50 are hybrid, the other 50 being conventional diesel and of course all are single decked with a lower capacity than UK double deckers.

najaB

Veteran Member
Unless I am reading press reports wrongly, only 50 are hybrid, the other 50 being conventional diesel and of course all are single decked with a lower capacity than UK double deckers.
All of that may be true, but are the new Routemasters 4 times better than the Australian buses? Because they cost 4 times as much.

furnessvale

Established Member
All of that may be true, but are the new Routemasters 4 times better than the Australian buses? Because they cost 4 times as much.
I am not claiming that but the bland initial inference needs to be taken in context.

Status
Not open for further replies.