• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why are the Class 390 Pendolinos running with coupling doors open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbreckers

Was in Glasgow Central and Motherwell stations for quite a bit yesterday, all 390's I saw had the coupling doors either open or removed

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rick1984

The 442's doors seem to be on and off more than a hookers knickers.

Think there currently off

driver_m

Established Member
First modified hatch has apparently been done and the hatches will be put back to normal as they get put through maintenance.

sd0733

Established Member
Just sat next to 390006 now and that's got the coupling cover on at least at the north end

thenorthern

Established Member
Out of all the Pendolinos I saw today only Virgin Knight (390152) had coupleing doors fitted although they were quite grubby compared to the rest of the train.

sn1975

Hi - just wondering if all of the 390's have their coupling doors back yet?

fowler9

Established Member
I heard way back when that with the 442's the covers cut someones finger/fingers off. I believe with the Pendo's the official reason is so they look more butch!

thenorthern

Established Member
I think all or near enough all the Pendolinos have had their coupling doors re-fitted.

Some now have new passenger doors fitted that are a grey colour rather than the black and white doors previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.