• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wick/Thurso Trip with 40145/57601

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
Just a few shots for the record for the trip up to Scotland. Hellfire tour and much credit to the operators for performing a double run-round at Georgemas so that 40145 also did the return. Sonycam roused from Warm Store and used for this trip.

http://rjhamilton.fotopic.net/c1312649.html

Points of note;

• Actually making it to Thurso and Wick!
  • 40145 thrash and getting a few miles behind 57601
  • Getting píssed in front coach behind 40145 and making phone calls I shouldn't have :oops:

• Listening to Memorex voluntarily giving away our life stories to strangers on the HST :shock:
  • Listening to some of the seasoned bashers in the front vestibule joke about what they like would to do to "pretty boys" :shock: :shock:
  • The prospect of walking 4 miles at 1am through Scotland to the B and B, though taxi was sourced :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
[youtube]2yiOL5J3zhk[/youtube]
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
[*]Listening to Memorex voluntarily giving away our life stories to strangers on the HST :shock:

By that you mean talking about myself to a member of SRPS staff, commenting that it was both my first rail tour and first time in Scotland.

Daniel

Established Member
Ramel is RJ.... the one with a blanket on his head? (Didn't mean that in a rude way Ramel).

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Ohhhhh...Always thought he was joea1 on here...

Getting ****ed on the tour was fun, definately.

Got my own photos awaiting development currently, should be available soon, should the all-in-one printer be willing to co-operate...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
WANKOLA!!!

http://rjhamilton.fotopic.net/p42639655.html

Guess what, my last Scottish 170 that one is (got my other required 170 on Sunday morning in Edinburgh)...Where was that one seen, as I obviously missed it, but would like to know for reference more than anything...

Not a happy chappy be I...:(:(:(

RJ

Established Member
Falkirk Grahamston when we got off the Highland Chieftain! We didn't walk up to Falkirk High in the end, we doubled back to Polmont and got a pair of 170s to Glasgow. I didn't like the tube there, the trains were even smaller than the Picadilly stock, and it was quite depressing down there, the London Underground has a somewhat lighter feel to it.
And it was just as well we were able to avoid the effects of the floods/landslide outside Glasgow.

RJ

Established Member
Memorex, I wasn't really listening to your conversation with them until one exclaimed "Train enthusiasts!?" then you point at me and go "we've got a chav one here", unnecessary or what.

Anyway I'll be back in two weeks, Barbados awaits!

RJ

Established Member
I'll try, currently sitting in the departure lounge lashed up with Baileys Caramel and white choc Tolblerone, its going to be a hard 2 weeks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.