• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will the Blackpool South line be electrified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lytham Local

Correct first tram is 0500. First train from South was before that, arrive Preston around 0550 ish
I see now, looking at National rail, first train from 29/01/18 2018 when trains start running again, will be 0650, arriving Preston at 0732. Are we losing the early services?
Also terminating at Preston, not running to Colne
Better bloody not! I can only assume (and hope) that as there is still work going on to BPN that there will still be a bus replacement service for the early services but contracts etc haven't been sorted out yet to publish the actual timetables.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Elecman

Established Member
Correct first tram is 0500. First train from South was before that, arrive Preston around 0550 ish
I see now, looking at National rail, first train from 29/01/18 2018 when trains start running again, will be 0650, arriving Preston at 0732. Are we losing the early services?
Also terminating at Preston, not running to Colne
Possibly due to ongoing engineering works until the Blackpool North service is resumed?

snowball

Established Member
Possibly due to ongoing engineering works until the Blackpool North service is resumed?
I would have hoped that all works capable of affecting Preston to Blackpool South would have been completed by the time that route is reopened.

Maybe that's too much to hope for.

Chrism20

Established Member
I’d imagine even though the line is open there will still be some residual work to be completed which probably explains the later starts.

Possibly to allow engineering trains etc to get out of the way before service starts.

I’d imagine even though the line is open there will still be some residual work to be completed which probably explains the later starts.
Possibly to allow engineering trains etc to get out of the way before service starts.

Wouldn't they run replacement buses as before, if that was the case?
Northern don't appear to have the new timetable (from 29th January 2018) on their website yet.
(source National Rail journey planner)

Status
Not open for further replies.