WMT recruiting

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by Marc5203, 11 Feb 2019.

1. Wba0986

Wba0986 Member

Cheers mate and well done.

2. andyccfc

andyccfc Member

I applied from scratch in Feb. I was given a date for my stage one but couldn't get the time off work as it only gave me 5 days notice, so had to miss it and wait for the next. Hoping that's not my only chance for the next god knows how long!

3. RSrimbo

RSrimbo Member

I had the same situation with my assessment 1 in Dec 18. Ended up getting another date in Jan 19

4. Wba0986

Wba0986 Member

Andy I also applied in Feb for the first time so not done any of the tests previously for this or any other toc. Just a waiting game name for stage 1 assessment.

5. Wba0986

Wba0986 Member

Name should be now

6. deano39

deano39 Member

Just got out of my interview.....I think it went ok and it flew by. Not sure I done enough but we'll see within a week. :lol::|:s:rolleyes:

7. crebbs1

crebbs1 Member

You will probably find it to be quicker than a week, probably an email by tomorrow. They are very quick.

8. deano39

deano39 Member

That would be nice so I can enjoy the weekend either way lol

9. crebbs1

crebbs1 Member

Good luck, hopefully be great news.

10. Blueben

Blueben Member

Good luck it’s usually pretty quick a day or two

11. S-Car-Go

S-Car-Go Member

Just home from my medical. I am functioning within permitted tolerances lol.
    Have to wait for the analysis on my 'sample', or GP's Martini as maybe it should be known.

12. Goingloco

Goingloco Member

You're almost there so best of luck today!!

13. crebbs1

crebbs1 Member

Not long until you get your contract through then...

14. Maverick88

Maverick88 Member

No contracts are being issued yet as WM Trains and ASLEF are in discussions regarding amendments to the pension scheme, specifically regarding retirement age.

Last edited: 14 Jun 2019
  15. Blueben

Blueben Member

It does say something about that in my conditional offer, although they’ve told me I will be starting 15/7/19 so I’m guessing it must all but be sorted

Either that or I’ll have no job

16. crebbs1

crebbs1 Member

Little bit concerning but surely you wouldn’t get the conditional offer if this was the case.

17. Mundinho

Mundinho Member

You wont get a contract its been going on years the dispute re the retirement age. Doesnt make a difference u are still
    Protected

18. Blueben

Blueben Member

Cool

I’m self employed anyway so if there was no job....I’d have to break the drill back out, rather not though.

Ps the company tie you get as a driver...is lovely whoever chose it can’t have passed the colour blind test at the medical

19. Luke Allen

Luke Allen Member

How did your background checks etc go? Did you have to go through much with them? I’ve got my medical on the 25th June.

I bet you can’t wait to get started

20. Blueben

Blueben Member

I don’t know much really, they send you a few forms to fill in, bank accounts etc for wages to go into. You fill the forms in at home then take them up to HQ. They check the forms, copy your NI passport and a household bill. Then you get an email to fill in more information so a third party can carry out the back ground checks.

So it’s more waiting, in theory I’m closing my company a week today to have three weeks off before I start. But it’s not yet concrete that I will start. As in if anything came back untoward, they would pull the conditional offer. I think usually people would get more notice and it all be done and dusted in advance, so that you could give appropriate notice at your current job. I have a feeling, because I’m self employed and don’t really have to give notice that they have squeezed me onto the back end of the next corse. Maybe someone pulled out or failed at final hurdle. In my interview they were taking for a September start, then all of a sudden it was mid July...I’m happy either way

21. crebbs1

crebbs1 Member

@Blueben is this when you give them your references?

22. Blueben

Blueben Member

Yes buddy

They had the refs yesterday and emailed both the same day. Hopefully my refs will reply today

23. Stigy

Stigy Established Member

I was the same. I think most people are. Once that contract arrives and it’s a done deal it becomes real haha. I got my JIs yesterday for GWR and every time I get something through the post it becomes a bit more real. I’m just a bit of a worrier so the closer it gets generally the more real it gets.

24. Coach Carter

Coach Carter Member

Anybody else been waiting ages for the medical company to get in touch to book a date?

25. deano39

deano39 Member

Just received my email thanking me for attending my interview yesterday but unfortunately this time I am unsuccessful.....GUTTED.

Well done to all that got in......I did overhear 2 women while waiting to go in to my interview yesterday talking about canceling a load of assessments and interviews as they didnt need the people anymore as slots had been filled. Might not of been driver roles but it put me on a back foot a bit.

26. Blueben

Blueben Member

JIs?

Yes feeling real now, roll on next Friday when I bury my screwdrivers in a farewell memorial in the pub garden

27. Blueben

Blueben Member

Sorry to hear this dean. Dust yourself down and go again, you’ve done the hard parts. Just a job interview to go, whilst it’s still fresh write down as many of the questions they asked as you can remember and keep going over them.

Sometimes we have to take a detour but if you want it bad enough you’ll get there pal

28. Stigy

Stigy Established Member

Sorry to hear, must be disheartening.

Just gotta go again and put it down to experience. Goes without saying getting feedback is a must. Good luck with future applications! Keep us updated!

Last edited: 14 Jun 2019
  29. Stigy

Stigy Established Member

Sorry, Joining Instructions (times/dates/attire etc).

30. Blueben

Blueben Member

Ah I get ya.