• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

birmz_

I've got my feedback, basically says I'm not very good and interviews and when under the pressure lost focus and talked bollocks.

It's depressingly accurate I think
sorry to hear that, don't give up try again, next time think of questions they will ask use the ones that are posted on here and write your answers down before hand, practice and memorise them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

birmz_

Well it will be challenging. That's why we're applying isn't it? :) I've had chats with drivers from the TOC I currently work at. Safety & traction training is usually a few weeks. Route learning takes months. There is an article about driver training I'll link below which gives a general breakdown of what is involved. Each TOC does it slightly differently of course.

https://www.railstaff.co.uk/2016/02/19/what-it-takes-to-be-a-train-driver/
thanx mate I'm going to have a look now

Tomblebee

I got an email today, informing me that i have progressed to the interview stage, however the link that has been provided in the email to book an interview slot seems to take me to a page that informs me that there is no interview slots available, anyone else having or have had this issue? And know how to overcome it?

birmz_

congrats to all who have passed their interviews. I have my stage 2 assessments this week for WMT. Feeling good about it all. Just a question I have... My HR at my current role have said they only give standard reference info i.e. start date, end date, job role and salary. Would this be a problem for the TOC when checking references as they said they don't disclose info about sickness and disciplinaries. Many thanks in advance for replies
im not sure but I doubt it would be a major problem after you've gotten that far, could always use a personal ref I suppose.

birmz_

I got an email today, informing me that i have progressed to the interview stage, however the link that has been provided in the email to book an interview slot seems to take me to a page that informs me that there is no interview slots available, anyone else having or have had this issue? And know how to overcome it?
yh that happened to me. all slots would've been taken. email them

LAC

You can always try phoning them on 0330 095 5118 if they don't email back

Mundinho

They send out more emails than they have interviews for - you may have to wait another 6 months before they are ready to interview again and then you may miss your oppurtunity again!! This could go on forever and seems a very unfair way to do things given the importance of the role. When you call them they will say all the slots have gone and you will have to wait for the next batvn

Stigy

Established Member
What makes you think you had to get dressed up...did they make any remarks to what you was wearing?
I think it’s just that some companies prefer dressed up, whereas others aren’t bothered. For a medical, I think smart casual is generally okay unless told otherwise. Bear in mind you’re often going to their HQ or similar so there will be 90% of the workers there in business attire. You also have to consider that you’re always making an impression so smart won’t hurt you. And finally, you need to be relatively comfortable as you’ll be removing shirts and moving about a bit.

Cavey81

Anyone here for the bletchly depot.
I just got my start date today

Yes I'm also down for Bletchley. Just waiting for the medical results to come through and get my start date. Hopefully I'll hear by the end of the week. When was your medical?

Norosoros

Congrats again to everyone getting to the medical stage. How long roughly was your DMI and did you find it more or less relaxing than your MMI?

Blueben

My dmi was around 45minutes.

I was very relaxed about it, after all, it’s just a chat with two people about your experiences within your past/current work.

The people who interviewed me were very friendly and I felt at ease. Just relax and stay calm

Ruffneck

12th august
Yes I'm also down for Bletchley. Just waiting for the medical results to come through and get my start date. Hopefully I'll hear by the end of the week. When was your medical?
Last tuesday.got told 2day 12th august start.

Ruffneck

12th august
Last tuesday.got told 2day 12th august start.
I am in for Bletchley but medical is not til next week.
What start date do you have?
12th august

deano39

Hi all....found out today that I passed my 2nd assessment tests and MMI Friday just gone down in Watford at the OPC and have booked in for my managers interview this Thursday in Birmingham. Any advice would be greatly taken on board. Well done to all those already getting start dates by the way. Fingers crossed I'm not far behind you all.

crebbs1

Congratulations @deano39 as stated above, they will make you very welcome, questions are all competency based and I had no questions about WMT.

deano39

Cheers it was a massive relief getting that email today. Trying to look for a few bits on WMT but not going to worry too much as read on here already they don't really ask but i'd like to know some just in case. Also what does the medical involve? am I going to be running around the block in my shirt and tie? LOL

Cavey81

Cheers it was a massive relief getting that email today. Trying to look for a few bits on WMT but not going to worry too much as read on here already they don't really ask but i'd like to know some just in case. Also what does the medical involve? am I going to be running around the block in my shirt and tie? LOL

Haha not quite. The medical was pretty straightforward actually. The usual weight, height, BMI, ECG, eye tests, hearing test, urine test. Questions about any previous health conditions. That's about it!

S-Car-Go

Anyone here for the bletchly depot.
I just got my start date today
I'm applying for Bletchley too.

Sorry if I worried anybody who's had their medical regarding the question about attire. Just thought since it's a stage of testing, I should treat it like all the other stages and go smart.

Hi all....found out today that I passed my 2nd assessment tests and MMI Friday just gone down in Watford at the OPC and have booked in for my managers interview this Thursday in Birmingham.

Well done @deano39. DMI bit like MMI in that they want examples from past experience scenarios. Remember your STAR reply method to keep on topic. I'm in Brum for my medical on Thu morning, so if you have time to meet after for coffee/pint, let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.