• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT - Trainee Driver (Talent Pool) - Crewe / Shrewsbury / Leamington Spa (27/12/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Brad1997

Is there anyway you check your current status for your application?
Should be able to log into the transport uk website, might have to sign up first if you haven't already.

Has anyone else received any further updates? Seems as though they're starting to go through the video interviews now.

EdinDzeko

Nervously waiting to hear back from my video interview. Only completed on Sunday so could be a while

TacoTraveller

Nervously waiting to hear back from my video interview. Only completed on Sunday so could be a while
Last person with negative response had a wait time of 2 weeks. So it's a while yet.
That worked mate thank you!!

Application still under consideration here ….
I didn't know about the link, I've never used it or signed up. I saw your name in another thread though I thought you'd got through and onto medical?

Cuppatea

Last person with negative response had a wait time of 2 weeks. So it's a while yet.

I didn't know about the link, I've never used it or signed up. I saw your name in another thread though I thought you'd got through and onto medical?
I have done but these are talent pools.

TacoTraveller

It's amazing they can make a decision on a 2m 30 second talk!
Average times for questions answered using the STAR method should only be about 2 minutes dependant on question. .
So 2.5 minutes for two simple questions doesn't seem that bad.

Personally I believe the exercise is more about how you cope under pressure on limited time as MMI/DMI will still need to be completed

danchil

Average times for questions answered using the STAR method should only be about 2 minutes dependant on question. .

Personally I believe the exercise is more about how you cope under pressure on limited time as MMI/DMI will still need to be completed
Both of my questions were not so simple so found star method practically impossible with the time given.

I do agree on the other skills being monitored instead of the actual perfect answer being given though. That's the feel I got too

Sunny16

Has anyone else heard anything yet? Only a couple of people reported a reply. I did my video interview over 2 weeks ago? Thanks

Termak

Thankyou mate, leamington spa! Had only completed the interview last Thursday so very quick.
Goodluck on the next stage mate. Still waiting for Crewe feedback, hopefully we'll hear something soon. Just been told no more courses for 2024 for the other talent pool I'm in. I need to hear some good news.

Brad1997

Goodluck on the next stage mate. Still waiting for Crewe feedback, hopefully we'll hear something soon. Just been told no more courses for 2024 for the other talent pool I'm in. I need to hear some good news.
Fingers crossed for you pal.

TacoTraveller

Both of my questions were not so simple so found star method practically impossible with the time given.

I do agree on the other skills being monitored instead of the actual perfect answer being given though. That's the feel I got too
Simple was probably the wrong word to use, I meant that the questions were or at least mine were safety related so I felt like 2.5 minutes was long enough to give a reasonable response to both.

Just depends whether I said the right things, only time will tell

Dec718

I applied for Crewe. Did my video interview last Thursday and not heard anything back yet. Just a waiting game now

JLyons

Where have you plucked that number from? 2 minutes to answer a question using STAR!

TacoTraveller

Where have you plucked that number from? 2 minutes to answer a question using STAR!
a STAR answer should take under 3 minutes to answer, it's structured so in essence your answers are short, sweet and to the point. The majority of the time is spent on action and result as situation and task is just setting the scene.

Personally anything over 3 minutes and you're just waffling at them, plus most of the research I did on STAR technique said it should take no longer than 2-3 minutes unless it's a really complex answer and maybe 4 minutes but it would have to be super complex imo.

I've just done a search to see time frames as I did this years ago and most results tend to agree.

Here's a link to one: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/interviewing/how-long-should-interview-answers-be

frh8416

Hello everyone,

I applied for the role at Shrewsbury, I was invited to complete the SJT which I did. I received an email a few days ago that said I had not completed it so my application would not be progressed.

I am 100% certain that I did in fact complete the test correctly and in the correct timeframe, I even have a screenshot from when I completed the test as evidence.

I got a message through to the recruitment department along with my evidence and they're saying that the company that does the assessments say that I did not complete the test, despite the evidence that I did.

It's very frustrating, has anyone else experienced this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240126-094207.png
    Screenshot_20240126-094207.png
    172.2 KB · Views: 50

TacoTraveller

Hello everyone,

I applied for the role at Shrewsbury, I was invited to complete the SJT which I did. I received an email a few days ago that said I had not completed it so my application would not be progressed.

I am 100% certain that I did in fact complete the test correctly and in the correct timeframe, I even have a screenshot from when I completed the test as evidence.

I got a message through to the recruitment department along with my evidence and they're saying that the company that does the assessments say that I did not complete the test, despite the evidence that I did.

It's very frustrating, has anyone else experienced this?
Nope.

Also that screenshot is just them replying to you, not the evidence that you completed it? Maybe try contacting the company that does the assessment if you have evidence of completion.

There's not a lot WMT can do if the company they use is saying you didn't.

Anyone heard anything since their video interview? It's been radio silence since I did mine and this thread doesn't seem busy so I'm wondering if no one has heard anything?

Last edited: