• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WYPTE Metro Train DayRover

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom1649

Please can anyone tell me if this ticket can be bought from ticket offices outside the WYPTE area?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

34D

Established Member
Please can anyone tell me if this ticket can be bought from ticket offices outside the WYPTE area?

Yes, the train only one can, but the train & bus ones go on special stock so few ticket offices outside the area have the picture-cards.

Train only can also be bought on-train.

tom1649

Thanks for the information. It is the train only version I'm after. I remember buying one a few years ago and it was printed on special ticket stock, but I know that this isn't always essential. I'm planning on buying a return from Sheffield to the first boundary station (either Moorthorpe or Darton) and then using the DayRover for the rest.

34D

Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised either way over whether Sheffield station has special stock or not.

I would say that I'd be confident that they know how to find the ticket, though.

Recall that if you use Darton the train is required to call (guards may flex this if asked prior to departure).

danbushell

i bought a train only from Rotherham a couple of weeks ago and they asked me if i wanted train only or bus+train.
Denby Dale or South Emsall are 2 other options for boundary stations.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
i bought a train only from Rotherham a couple of weeks ago and they asked me if i wanted train only or bus+train.
Denby Dale or South Emsall are 2 other options for boundary stations.

They're not supposed to issue the bus+train ones on the train (I wish they could as my local station is unstaffed - especially the family ones). If they do you may have issues having them accepted - especially on buses.

34D

Established Member
They're not supposed to issue the bus+train ones on the train (I wish they could as my local station is unstaffed - especially the family ones). If they do you may have issues having them accepted - especially on buses.

Think the guy was referring to Rotherham ticket office.

As far as I'm concerned, if you board at an unstaffed station you are entitled to the full range of tickets (either on-board or at your destination). Be polite but firm on this.

WYPTE have variously said that they may look at making the bus&train ticket available on train and on bus, and also said that smartcards will resolve the issue for everyone.

unlevel42

Last year ( Dec 2011) Sheffield could not/did not sell me a WYPTE day rover because they did not carry the correct ticket stock. The very nice guard at Denby Dale did but he was not sure if he was allowed. If someone has been successful in buying one in Sheffield it would be good to know.

My alternative route is to use a SYPTE £6.30 bus/tram/train to Moorthorpe and walk to South Elmsall with a bacon sandwich stop and buy a WYPTE rover on the train. Both station are SYPTE and WYPTE.

ess

do they still sell the 'scratch the date out' versions at metro travel centres in west yorkshire (like lottery scratch cards)

wellhouse

do they still sell the 'scratch the date out' versions at metro travel centres in west yorkshire (like lottery scratch cards)

Yes they do, and they are also available at Post Offices and Sub Post Offices, and The Tourist Information Office at Leeds Station.

tim

Status
Not open for further replies.