• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC - Apprentice Train Driver - Plymouth (24/03/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LKS

Anyone know of knowledge of where the training would take place?

It states live away from home for up to 21 weeks, just interested to know how from from Plymouth this would be...

tedbaker

Anyone know of knowledge of where the training would take place?

It states live away from home for up to 21 weeks, just interested to know how from from Plymouth this would be...
The classroom training takes place in Derby.

LKS

The classroom training takes place in Derby.
Thank you :)

Tis a bit far to travel daily. Not sure I can leave the misses to work and manage kids and dogs for that long might be divorced by end of training

LKS

:lol: She's used to most of it from my current career as a Paramedic. Not sure I can make her go through it all again from being away from home to chase a new career :p

Devon156

I presume most of the people interviewed over the last few weeks have been unsuccessful. As mentioned above the training takes place in Derby.

Class2ldn

:lol: She's used to most of it from my current career as a Paramedic. Not sure I can make her go through it all again from being away from home to chase a new career :p
I'm sure she won't mind when you're bringing in double the wage you are now lol

LCC106

Established Member
Yep. Short term pain for longterm gain. Seriously, it’s a proper conversation to have but well worth it in the end.

LKS

Yeh that's what I'm telling myself / her following application with GWR as well..

Yep. Short term pain for longterm gain. Seriously, it’s a proper conversation to have but well worth it in the end.
I need to. But I'm also aware that failed assessment centre some years ago, and as excited as I'm getting, I'm also trying to keep it contained to seeing if I make it to that stage again and if I pass...

If I make interview this time then I need to be sitting and chatting...

LKS

Has anyone heard anything from XC? Unless I did something wrong, it seemed a short application, no real questions, no SJTs. Just upload CV?

Status
Not open for further replies.