• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Y2018/384 Driver Leeds - Northern Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Bob

I applied for the trainee driver position in Leeds, has anyone else applied for this and heard back from Northern yet?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

smoore102

Hi there,

I did. Heard back last week and it was a no. Hopefully the delay with you is a good sign.

Yep, I applied too and guess what... Yep, they thought my application was so amazing that they've dispensed with any sort of testing and I start next week!*

*Actually I've heard nowt (as they say in Leeds)

Cyclist

When was this job posted? I’ve been waiting 2 and a half weeks to hear about the Newcastle one

uww11x

same for the Newcastle one. Sounds like no news is good news at this stage based on some people being declined.

After speaking to them they have big back log of recruitment at the minute. So they haven't got the chance to do sifting etc.

Bubba

The recruitment team are struggling at the moment to sift through applications due to the disruption to trains and being unable to get to the office.

Also applied for Leeds and have heard nothing yet.

Monkey Bob

Thanks for all the replies. Last time I appleid I waited 10 weeks then got a rejection email. Was thinking they migh be contacted succesful candidates before rejecting the rest. Guess I can still keep my fingers crossed

Glynh

Things seem to be moving with this now.

Received an email this afternoon inviting me to interview, although the email did have someone else’s name on . Just checking with them it is just a typo before I get too excited.

Hopefully others will start to hear soon too.

mjn

Things seem to be moving with this now.

Received an email this afternoon inviting me to interview, although the email did have someone else’s name on . Just checking with them it is just a typo before I get too excited.

Hopefully others will start to hear soon too.

Interesting. I've not heard anything yet.

Have you had to complete any online tests? Or is the interview stage 1?

Glynh

No online test asked of me, which I thought was the 1st stage and also which made me wonder if I’d received the email in error. We’ll soon find out.

Last edited:

Monkey Bob

I've not heard anything yet, guess it's not looking too good for me. Good luck with the interview.

Glynh

I've not heard anything yet, guess it's not looking too good for me. Good luck with the interview.

Thanks mate. Don’t give up yet, there may be more people they’ve yet to contact in the next few days. Perhaps they’ll do it in batches?

Heard nothing either... the fact it had someone else's name on your email is a bit worrying... I hope they have a good GDPR policy :D

Good luck if it was for you!

Monkey Bob

Thanks mate. Don’t give up yet, there may be more people they’ve yet to contact in the next few days. Perhaps they’ll do it in batches?

Thanks. I'm not that confident about my application, had to really rush it with it only being advertised for 4 days and was working and getting ready to go on a family holiday. I'll have to wait and see though, there might have been some worse than mine. o_O

Bubba

I had really polished up my application having applied previous (a few years ago). I was confident I would get to the interview stage (again) but not...its a decline :(

Gray2287

I got an email about 2 weeks later saying i was successful. Then due to the RMT strikes this week my interview got moved to next week.

whistler2018

Is anyone else still waiting to hear either way? Someone I know got a rejection within 2 weeks but I've heard nothing at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.