• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yate Fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Does anyone have anymore info about the train involved? I feel sorry for the driver :(

Seems to have been cleared up pretty quickly though.

Fatality in the Yate area

Time Reported: 20:40
Route Affected: Birmingham New Street - Cheltenham Spa - Bristol Parkway - Bristol Temple Meads - Exeter St Davids - Plymouth; also Worcester Shrub Hill - Cheltenham Spa - Gloucester - Yate - Bristol Parkway
TOC/s Affected: Virgin Trains, Wessex Trains
Description: Train services are being disrupted due to a fatality in the Yate area. Short notice alterations, cancellations and delays can be expected. The estimated time for a normal service to resume is 2-3 hours.
Updates: 21:16 Train services are now able to operate again in the affected area, but residual alterations and delays may still occur.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Remember those who have to walk along and pick up the pieces aswell, and any witnesses. It's not exactly going to have been a walk in the park for them either.

Sprog

Established Member
Tis indeed my terrotory.....and my home station and all :( :(

My mate Roy that works on Bristol panel emiled me and told me about 8 last night...........

Apparently some guy jumped off the bridge. No idea what train was involved, but i was at Yate this morning meeting a freind and there seemed to be no 'signs' of a 'one-under'. (not that i was looking especially.........)

its bloody lucky i gotta lift home from work last night with my mate Luc, or idve been on the train that was stranded at Westerleigh Junction for ages.

This is about the 4th incident in 6months :shock:

Sad really..........:(

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Still no idea which train/unit/s were involved?

I guess it was a good, fast Virgin Voyager express train going through?

I personally think either a 220 or 221 was involved.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
sorry if ive got the wrong end of the stick voyager dude, but whats a 'good, fast' voyager got to do with anything?? its not good at all weather its fast or not! its only good if the guy never chose to do it in the first place

my thoughts go to all relatives and families of the driver and the guy involved who suffer a loss

voyagerdude220

Established Member
heart-of-wessex said:
sorry if ive got the wrong end of the stick voyager dude, but whats a 'good, fast' voyager got to do with anything?? its not good at all weather its fast or not! its only good if the guy never chose to do it in the first place

my thoughts go to all relatives and families of the driver and the guy involved who suffer a loss

I wasn't saying that the fatality was a good thing, because it was far from it :( I was calling 220/221s good.

ikar

Their features are so good :
Higher acceleration
Tendancy to burst into flames
Sudden decceleration in the vicinity of water

Probably the best train ever-built.

metrocammel

ikar said:
Their features are so good :
Higher acceleration
Tendancy to burst into flames
Sudden decceleration in the vicinity of water

Probably the best train ever-built.

Dont forget the annoying vibrations and the irritating beeps.....

Anyway, I feel sorry for all involved, including the suicidal person, as OK, I think it is a rather selfish way to take your life, I dont think that was the first thing that entered the guys head.... though asphyxiation by hanging or pills are much easier and cleaner way to go really... that dont cause any "innocent" people distress, other than family and freinds of course...

ikar

metrocammel said:
Dont forget the annoying vibrations and the irritating beeps.....

Anyway, I feel sorry for all involved, including the suicidal person, as OK, I think it is a rather selfish way to take your life, I dont think that was the first thing that entered the guys head.... though asphyxiation by hanging or pills are much easier and cleaner way to go really... that dont cause any "innocent" people distress, other than family and freinds of course...

Better than he did this way, than he did like that guy involved with Ufton Nervet.

metrocammel

ikar said:
Better than he did this way, than he did like that guy involved with Ufton Nervet.

That was sheer criminality. That man was twisted. I dont make a habit of speaking ill of the dead, but he was evil to do that. He wasnt the victim in my eyes, the victims were the passengers, and driver who died. The youngest was what - a 10 year old girl(?) that is a tragic waste of life, though a ignorant, inconsiderate "wierdo".

James.

(Edit - TB2000 - as Slash said, whilst most the evidence points towards him deliberately parking there, it has not yet (AFAIK) been proven. Please bear that in mind when posting about such events. Thank you.)

TheSlash

Established Member
metrocammel said:
That was sheer criminality. That man was twisted. I dont make a habit of speaking ill of the dead, but he was evil to do that. He wasnt the victim in my eyes, the victims were the passengers, and driver who died. The youngest was what - a 10 year old girl(?) that is a tragic waste of life, though a ignorant, inconsiderate "wierdo".

James.

(Please see comment in OP)
You do know it's never been proved that he deliberately parked there?

Sprog

Established Member
Please dont get me started on Ufton. Please........

I can confirm it weas indeed a Voyager..

....and no, sorry, no idea on number etc. Im not to bothered TBH.....

Apparently, the driver was very shaken, and i should bloody well have thought so aswell :(

My sympathies to the relitives of the jumper. I still have no idea who it was......On that note, its sad as i actually in-directly knew the last person that went-under at Yate last year :cry:

Who gives a toss about what type of train it is and what number it is? Why do you even want to know? At the end of the daythere is a driver who has got to go home knowing that he has just killed someone. I do not give a toss abotu the number or class... What does it matter?...

class 313

Established Member
Very sad indeed :( it must of been a sudden death. I feel for the driver, some drivers after somthing like that would never drive again. I wonder what was going through the persons head before he jumped :(

Status
Not open for further replies.