• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Year 11's and non schoolers

After exam relax

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ascot

Established Member
Ok lads. I got this as a test run. This is not an actual meet yet so don't turn up unless it goes in the meets forum.

[Title: - October Half Term 2 day Scotland Bash]

This meet will include 2 sleepers, 1 Highland and 1 Lowland. It will last 2 days in total but only 1 day is actually line bashing in Scotland. The other 2 days are the Sleepers.

[Insert Sleeper map]
Begin our journey at London Euston. The meet will provide access for people from the North, South, East, West and back of beyond. We depart Euston at 21:15 on Thursday the 26th October. We arrive into Inverness at 08:30

[Insert Aberdeen-Inverness map]
From Inverness we get the 08:42 to Aberdeen. We get an opportunity to take photos but in May we will cover other lines and spend a lot longer at stations for images. Too cold to be hanging about.

[Insert Aberdeen-Glasgow map]
Now we arrive into Aberdeen at 10:53 and spend just under an hour collecting images, food and what not needed for your needs. We depart at 11:42 inbound to Glasgow Queen Street. We pass via Perth.

[Insert Glasgow to Ayr map]
Into the Capital at 14:15 for a 1 hr 15 min walk to Glasgow Central. By no means does it take this long to walk but with this slack time we get to explore Glasgow by ANY means you wish. We depart Central at 15:30 on for a trip to Ayr. In at 16:24 we don’t hang about.

[Insert Ayr to Stranrear map]
Arrived into Ayr where we spend 10 minutes stretching our legs in the Scotch Mist. Off Ayr at 16:34 for this registered connection to Stranrear. Change here for ferry services to Belfast.

[Insert Stranrear to Glasgow map]
For this part we have a lot of time. We arrive in at 17:55 but not out until a staggering 19:40. During this time we can explore the town of Stranrear seeing its landscape and surroundings. Go for a meal deal at Pizza Hut within this time. A nice evening sunset meal.

[Insert Glasgow to Edinburgh]
Finally back into the city life at 21:55. This time we get 35 minutes to walk or bus at this time of night into Glasgow Queen Street for the final time. We get the 22:30 off Queen Street and arrive in Edinburgh at 23:20

[Insert Sleeper map]
This is the last leg at long last. The 23:40 Low Land sleeper into London Euston for 07:14. This is the chance to unwind, relax, reflect on memories and images captured this October 2006 Half term.

A strong meet for line coverage and a lot of images to be captured during this time.

Need comments please. I was thinking of putting the Glasgow, Boat and other ideas created by this thread in a May time when it's warmer.

Craig

Established Member
A few comments:
12 minutes at Aberdeen might be a bit tight if the sleeper is late.
Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland, not Glasgow ;)
During your 1hr15min break in Glasgow you could take the underground from Buchanan Street (near Queen Street) to Partick and change for an EMU to Central low level.

Ascot

Established Member
You also forgot to mention i spelt StranRAER wrong as well ;). Thoughts taken on board about Glasgow time, reason i left this blank was so people can decide what the magority want to do. And the Inverness was registered on the national Rail website.

metrocammel

I can't be bothered ;) looking up the actual times at the moment, but I know that if you get the beds to Inverness, you can get to Wick / Thurso and back in time to get the beds back, if you simply wished to get the long boring slog out of the way quickly. Im personally waiting for somthing a wee bit more exciting that a 158 to go up there. I was really annoyed that that the class 50 tour that went up there was a "****-under-your-nose-ex", and if there has been accomodation for "bashers", it would have been terribly popular.

Ascot

Established Member
Nah i'm going to stick with the vote on this and Study Leave after Exams. Looking at ideas, Boat trips up to Kyle seems an Option. Glasgow bashing seem's another. Loads of different ideas but i'd sort a meet that covers ALOT of line coverage but what people want as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.