• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your 8 least favourite MPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

backontrack

Established Member
Supposing you could expel 8 MPs from the Commons. Who would you choose? I've upped the quota to 8 because the present lot are a pretty odious bunch.

Jeremy Hunt
Michael Gove
Boris Johnson
John McDonnell
Andrea Leadsom
Jeremy Corbyn
John Whittingdale
Iain Duncan Smith

Close to inclusion were Diane Abott, Michael Fallon, Douglas 'no Climate Change' Carswell, David Cameron, Simon Danczuk, Damian Green, Nadine Dorries, Andrew Mitchell, Nicky Morgan, and George Osborne. But who will you pick?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Supposing you could expel 8 MPs from the Commons. Who would you choose? I've upped the quota to 8 because the present lot are a pretty odious bunch.

Jeremy Hunt
Michael Gove
Boris Johnson
John McDonnell
Michael Fallon
Jeremy Corbyn
John Whittingdale
Iain Duncan Smith

Close to inclusion were David Cameron, Simon Danczuk, Damian Green, Andrea Leadsom, Andrew Mitchell, Nadine Dorries, Nicky Morgan, and George Osborne. But who will you pick?

Diane Abbot

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Seems a pretty sterile sort of thread without an explanation in terms of policy, ideology or personality why one would wish to remove a particular MP or not.

Railops

I'll second the odious Diane Abbott.

This thread should really be called "Who are your 7 least favourite mp's after Diane Abbott."

Gutfright

Mhairi Black - Wins points for hating Celtic and for swearing like a f@#king docker, loses points for her anti-English bigotry.

Loses 1,000,000 points for being younger than I am and making me feel old. What were the people of Paisley and Renfrewshire South thinking electing her?

96tommy

Boris Johnson
Diane Abbot
David Cameron
George Osbourne
Jeremy Hunt
Nicky Morgan
Mhairi Black
Andrew Mitchell

Flamingo

Established Member
Jeremy Corbyn, Diane Abbott, The UKIP muppet, and the first five Torys you can think of...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
A surprisingly easy choice. There are 8 DUP MPs so I'll have them. :D

A close second! Although, I'd put the Sinn Fein MP's on the same Desert Island with them (they can partition it any way they want!).

Last edited:

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I'm going to cheat and name some ex MPs, not all of them dead:-

Robert Maxwell
Bob Mellish
George Galloway
Ken Livingstone
Gerry Adams
Peter Morrison
Cyril Smith
Nicholas Ridley

All odious in their own ways, at least one a murderer and one who commissioned murders. For obvious reasons, I'm not going to identify them if you don't know already.Nobody I see on the current lists rivals any of that bunch, unless you know better!

backontrack

Established Member
I'm only allowed eight? :(
Who do you have to complain about? Stewart Hosie? ;)

Just kidding of course - I found it very hard to stick to just 8. And I wasn't suggesting that Scots can't comment on English MPs if that's what you're thinking - just generally remarking on how MSPs are so much better than MP in many cases.

Railsigns

Established Member
Iain Duncan Smith
Philip Hammond
Jeremy Hunt
Patrick McLoughlin
Andrew Mitchell
Priti Patel
Jacob Rees-Mogg
Theresa Villiers

backontrack

Established Member
I'm going to cheat and name some ex MPs, not all of them dead:-

Robert Maxwell
Bob Mellish
George Galloway
Ken Livingstone
Gerry Adams
Peter Morrison
Cyril Smith
Nicholas Ridley

All odious in their own ways, at least one a murderer and one who commissioned murders. For obvious reasons, I'm not going to identify them if you don't know already.Nobody I see on the current lists rivals any of that bunch, unless you know better!
Surely Enoch Powell trumps Ken Livingstone?

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I will settle for the odious Jeremy Corbyn, for knowingly agreeing to put a kind face as leader on what seems to be the "Second Coming" of the entryist Trotskyist attempt to subvert Britain into a poor man's representation of East Germany.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Surely Enoch Powell trumps Ken Livingstone?

Enoch Powell I'd put into a special category of his own. I think he did honestly believe all the stuff he came up with, even though I abhor most of it. If I believed he only said it to stir things up then he'd be top of my list! Ken Livingstone is one of only two I've had personal contact with and, believe me, he'd always be on my list!

Harbornite

Established Member
I will settle for the odious Jeremy Corbyn, for knowingly agreeing to put a kind face as leader on what seems to be the "Second Coming" of the entryist Trotskyist attempt to subvert Britain into a poor man's representation of East Germany.

I've started calling him Commissar Corblin, as a reference to Stalin, the leader of the glorious motherland. I, for one, will welcome our Communist overlords and I long for the day when the UK becomes the UBSR with its politburo including Diane Abbott as head of the new KGB.

On another note, I think that the forum mods would fit in rather will in a new KGB or Stasi. I better stop typing before they find me and

Last edited:

miami

Established Member
Every MP has been elected by their constituents and thus I would not evict any of them, no matter how tiresome I find them.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Every MP has been elected by their constituents and thus I would not evict any of them, no matter how tiresome I find them.

I agree entirely.

That said, were his constituents to agree, I would be glad to see the back of John Whittingdale. Apparently wanting to privatise channel 4 - surely as important to public service broadcasting in its own way as the BBC !

RichmondCommu

Established Member

Jeremy Hunt
Michael Gove
Boris Johnson
John McDonnell
Michael Fallon
Jeremy Corbyn
John Whittingdale
Iain Duncan Smith

Close to inclusion were David Cameron, Simon Danczuk, Damian Green, Andrea Leadsom, Andrew Mitchell, Nadine Dorries, Nicky Morgan, and George Osborne. But who will you pick?

How would all this fit in with the democratic process which we in the UK cherish? How do you propose that these decent people are kicked out of the Commons?

By all accounts (and this comes from a Tory supporting friend of mine) Jeremy Corbyn is indeed a very good MP.

Last edited:

Denzo

Andrea Leadsom
Michael Gove
Jeremy Corbyn
Jeremy Hunt
Angela Eagle
Anne McLaughlin
Natalie McGarry
Alex Salmond

Senex

Established Member
I'd happily agree with that, but I'd also wish to add in Diane Abbott, not only as his total fellow-traveller but also just about the most off-putting of all MPs in the way in which she always seems to be talking to an audience as though they are a class of very thick primary-school pupils.

(As for the whole Corbyn gang, how soon after a takeover of power do you think we might be seeing the special housing for the elite, the special shops offering goods not available to the ordinary people, the special clinics offering health services of a standard not available to the masses, and so on?)

Johnuk123

Established Member
Diane Abbott (obviously will always be the first name on the team sheet)
Alex Salmond
David Lammy
Jeremy Corbyn
John McDonnell
Keir Starmer
Tasmina Ahmed Sheikh
Caroline Flint

backontrack

Established Member
How would all this fit in with the democratic process which we in the UK cherish? How do you propose that these decent people are kicked out of the Commons?

I'm not saying that they should be, I'm just asking people to list the 8 that they want in the Commons the least.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I've started calling him Commissar Corblin, as a reference to Stalin, the leader of the glorious motherland. I, for one, will welcome our Communist overlords and I long for the day when the UK becomes the UBSR with its politburo including Diane Abbott as head of the new KGB.

On another note, I think that the forum mods would fit in rather will in a new KGB or Stasi. I better stop typing before they find me and

What on earth are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.