• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your favourite hybrid / combos / unusual mixed formations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
I didn't know PEP multiple units (class 314) could work with Mkiii (class 318 & 322).
Can they work in passenger service or just emergency?

Just emergency, certain features won't work so can't be used in passenger traffic

Peter0124

Established Member
I didn't know PEP multiple units (class 314) could work with Mkiii (class 318 & 322).
Can they work in passenger service or just emergency?

I think its just for empty stock moves / emergencys but not passenger service.

Also a 314 was coupled to a 320 in one if the episodes of Inside Central Station, I reckon it was empty from Shields and would have uncoupled at Central.20200622_134605.jpg

liamf656

Not sure if any of these are mentioned:

Last year a GA 170 failed near the Ely area and the closest unit to rescue it was an EMT 158, the whole set then failed as the 158 was having compatibility issues but I believe the rescue process deemed successful overall

Late in 2019 am EMR 153 was loaned to WMT and it spent an evening coupled to a 172, complete with gangway connections (this answers someone’s question earlier in the forum)

Northern run 170s with Sprinters in both ECS and in service

Both EMR and TfW run some interesting Sprinter lashups on their ECS movements

I’ve also seen a video of Virgin running two Pendolinos together as a 9+11 car, I believe it was a test movement

Now a question from me:
Are the 185s compatible for running in multiple with the electric Desiros (350s maybe), even if for rescue operations?

Status
Not open for further replies.