• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your Views - Political Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nath9425

I like to hear peoples views. So here is a topic for discussion on...

What do you think is too politically correct/mad in this world?

I will start - At School supply teachers are not allowed to let students use the student laptops. The reason being They have not had correct training on how to open the Laptop Trolleys - Which involves just turning a key around.

:|

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mrcheek

Established Member
How about the REAL reason knife crime is on the increase? You wont see this reason in the newspapers, due to political correctness, but you may hear it expressed by a few cops.

The answer is that the police have had their "stop and search" powers curtailed, ever since the MacPherson Report claimed that the Metropolitan Police were "institutionally racist". it is alleged that police used their powers mainly to search blacks, not whites, thus being discriminatory:

couple of facts: most of the recent young victims and perpertrators of knife killings just happen to have been black.
opinion polls have consistently shown that black people SUPPORT the right of the police to stop and search whoever they want. it is only liberal media and stupid politicians who seem to oppose this.

devon_metro

Established Member
I'd probably be accused of all of those silly names people have come up with under the sun if i aired my views ;)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I don't believe political correctness really exists, that too many people blame their laziness on Health & Safety and that the whole thing is overblown.

Beaker

Established Member
A lot of the Health & Safety stuff is just bull**** created by newspaper as the H&SE have now got pages on their site relating to these myths saying whats bull****e and whats not. But never let the truth stand in the way of a good story

nath9425

The one thing that ticks me off...

Is Bah Bah Black Sheep.

And I will say it - I ent telling my kids to go round saying "Bah Bah Multicultural Sheep"
You may as well just say what you mean "Bah Bah Chinese/Polish/Norwegian/German/Idiotic Sheep"

Why should people get offended by a poxy nursery rhyme?
Its like Banbury
We have "Ride a cock horse to Banbury Cross" - What next, people will be complaining that the cock in Banbury needs to go! (And No I am not talking about myself :lol: )

Tom B

Established Member
I will start - At School supply teachers are not allowed to let students use the student laptops. The reason being They have not had correct training on how to open the Laptop Trolleys - Which involves just turning a key around.

That's not so much "political correctness gone mad" as somebody thinking that they need to justify their TLRP with a policy or five, most probably.

It's political correctness gone mad! You couldn't make it up!

I don't know; it's not so bad down here. Maybe it's a postcode lottery?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The one thing that ticks me off...

Is Bah Bah Black Sheep.

And I will say it - I ent telling my kids to go round saying "Bah Bah Multicultural Sheep"
You may as well just say what you mean "Bah Bah Chinese/Polish/Norwegian/German/Idiotic Sheep"

Except that never happenned...

As far as I'm aware, this myth started with a Nursery in Oxfordshire which encouraged the children to replace the word 'black' in the rhyme with other adjectives such as happy, rainbow, white, hopping, still, etc. in an attempt to expand the child's vocabulary and encourage action in order to make the rhyme more interesting.

me123

Established Member
I was reported at work by a customer for telling them "when the engineer comes out, he will install the equipment". The fact that all our engineers are male is irrelevent...

nath9425

I was reported at work by a customer for telling them "when the engineer comes out, he will install the equipment". The fact that all our engineers are male is irrelevent...

:shock:

See this is what I mean - Sheer Crap Excuses to get someone told off!

Interesting though. Anyone got anymore?

P156KWJ

Established Member
You've got me started on Health and Safety now!

Here's one, you are not usually allowed to take your own food and drink in to cinemas, right? Well at Cineworld in Nottingham, you can buy a hotdog for about £3.70, whereas you can buy one down the road a lot cheaper, but they will let you take stuff like crisps in at a push, but meat is not allowed due to H&S reasons. :???:

But on the other hand, on the railway, a lot of people who perhaps aren't as knowledgeable on the topic, say things like 'why do you have to shut the line cos someone's working on it?' and so forth, but a friend of mine said something interesting...
"The rules on the railway are written in blood because there have been so many people seriously injured or killed because they thought they knew what they were doing, but knew nothing."

Beaker

Established Member
Its more probably a way of making you buy the meat at the cinema and getting the money out of you, and using H&S as an excuse

Beaker

Established Member
But cola and crisps a percentage will go back to the brands like Coca Cola, Walkers etc. But with hot dogs they probably use cheapo bread and sausages, and get a larger cut of the price?

devon_metro

Established Member
You've got me started on Health and Safety now!

Here's one, you are not usually allowed to take your own food and drink in to cinemas, right? Well at Cineworld in Nottingham, you can buy a hotdog for about £3.70, whereas you can buy one down the road a lot cheaper, but they will let you take stuff like crisps in at a push, but meat is not allowed due to H&S reasons. :???:

But on the other hand, on the railway, a lot of people who perhaps aren't as knowledgeable on the topic, say things like 'why do you have to shut the line cos someone's working on it?' and so forth, but a friend of mine said something interesting...
"The rules on the railway are written in blood because there have been so many people seriously injured or killed because they thought they knew what they were doing, but knew nothing."

Just hide everything under a jumper...

What I always do!

Tom B

Established Member
Its more probably a way of making you buy the meat at the cinema and getting the money out of you, and using H&S as an excuse

Pre-cisely.

Rather like the companies who refuse to answer enquiries "because of the DPA" (yet treat customers details with callous disregard) - they are most likely hiding behind H&S rather than telling you the real reason.

So anyone seeing the no-hot-dog sign will grumble about nanny state Europe anti-freedom whatnot whilst chucking it in the bin (well, until that's removed owing to "security reasons", or rather not wanting to employ someone to empty it) rather than about the profiteering cinema company.

So next week when you go, remembering the rule, you buy your hot-dog inside. Kaching!

BJMorley

Teddy Bears named Mohammed. eh? That's so bad someone has to go to prison for naming a teddy bear what?
Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.