• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Youth hostels & B&Bs in Cornwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drsatan

Established Member
Hello everyone,

In late May or early June I'd like to travel around Cornwall using a 'Ride Cornwall' ticket. To avoid wasting too much time traveling too and from where I live, I'm considering staying in a B&B or Youth Hostel (preferably the latter since I'm a student and they're a bit cheaper). Can anyone on this forum recommend any good Youth Hostels or B&Bs in Cornwall?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I remember someone talking about a converted carriage either at Dawlish or Dawlish Warren, may be worth a look.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Have you looked at Travelodge? There are 6 in Cornwall and 1 in Plymouth and rooms start at £19 depending on the date. This can often be cheaper than a hostel and especially good if, like me, you object to sharing rooms with strangers.

Hayle is about a 25 Min walk from the station
St Austell is about 16 Min walk from the station
Roche is about a 5 Min walk from the station
Newquay is opposite the station
Saltash is about a 30 Min walk from the station

There is also one in Wadebridge but is about 14km from the nearest station (Bodmin Parkway). There may be local omnibuses, I'm not sure.

Drsatan

Established Member
Have you looked at Travelodge? There are 6 in Cornwall and 1 in Plymouth and rooms start at £19 depending on the date. This can often be cheaper than a hostel and especially good if, like me, you object to sharing rooms with strangers.

Hayle is about a 25 Min walk from the station
St Austell is about 16 Min walk from the station
Roche is about a 5 Min walk from the station
Newquay is opposite the station
Saltash is about a 30 Min walk from the station

There is also one in Wadebridge but is about 14km from the nearest station (Bodmin Parkway). There may be local omnibuses, I'm not sure.

Thanks for your suggestion Mojo, but I've looked on the Travelodge website and the Travelodges in Cornwall charge about £40-£60 a night in late May/early June (even if you book a Saver rate which is non-refundable), so I might plump for a youth hostel instead. A friend recommended one in St Ives which is very close to the station, so I might look there instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.