• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

zone 1-5 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndiPandi

Hi, I have a zone 1-5 travel card but am thinking of moving to Northfleet. Does anyone know how much extra it would cost me to travel to and from London Bridge to Northfleet on a zone 105 travel card or should I get a zone 1-6 travel card?
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

James Wake

Northfleet isn't in the London fare zones, so you would need a Northfleet to Zones 1-6 Travelcard:

7 Days £92.30
1 Month £354.50
3 Months £1,063.30
6 Months £2,126.60
12 Months £3,692.00

Or you could get a ticket to London Terminals eg Charing Cross, Victoria etc but would then need Oyster/Contactless around London.

AndiPandi

Thanks James.

Do you know how much it would be additionally if I kept the zone 1-5 oyster and brought a ticket for the excess journey?

James Wake

How often would you commute, also which way would you go into London (via Woolwich, Bexleyheath)?

paddington

Do you know how much it would be additionally if I kept the zone 1-5 oyster and brought a ticket for the excess journey?

You've already paid £56.20 per week for the Z1-5 travelcard (or £55.20 if you bought it in 2016).

You can get a season ticket from Northfleet to Zones 5/6 for £53.10 per week, or, if you want to restrict yourself to a single route into Zone 5, a season Northfleet-Albany Park for £39.80/week.

These cost more than the £92.30 per week for a Northfleet to Zones 1-6 travelcard.

If you insist on having the travelcard on Oyster, you could do a changeover to Z1-6 travelcard (£60.20) and then buy a Northfleet to Crayford season for £32.50, which is only a little bit more expensive. I believe this wouldn't be valid between Dartford and Slade Green or Barnehurst.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You current ticket is £56.20 a week/£215.90 per month/£2,248 annual.

If you only need to get to London Bridge then a Northfleet-London Terminals season ticket (Not Valid on HS1) would suffice, costing £75.50 a week/£290.00 per month/£3,020 annual. Note that this ticket would not be valid on the Underground or buses.

As Wallsendmag says you could get a changeover is you have a monthly or annual ticket. You would only pay the pro-rata difference for the time remaining until your ticket expires.

If you need a travelcard then you need a Northfleet-London Zones 1-6 ticket costing £92.30 a week/£543.50 per month/£3,692 annual (not valid on HS1). Again you could switch to this on a pro-rate basis.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Thinking about it if the OP has a travelcard held on Oyster and wishes to do a changeover to a paper ticket (whether the Northfleet travelcard or the London Terminals ticket) then this could be problematic as there are probably very few places that could do such a changeover. Can anyone offer any advice on if it is possible and where it could be done.

I suspect a changeover from a season ticket on Oyster to Southeastern's smart cardis a step too far...

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Thinking about it if the OP has a travelcard held on Oyster and wishes to do a changeover to a paper ticket (whether the Northfleet travelcard or the London Terminals ticket) then this could be problematic as there are probably very few places that could do such a changeover. Can anyone offer any advice on if it is possible and where it could be done.

I suspect a changeover from a season ticket on Oyster to Southeastern's smart cardis a step too far...

I haven't checked with any official sources, but my understanding is that if the original Travelcard was purchased from TfL online, London Underground or DLR, then it can only be changed to another inboundary (zones only) Travelcard, by TfL. If it was issued by a National Rail Train Operating Company (including London Overground), then a changeover to an outboundary paper Northfleet to Zones 1-6 Travelcard should be possible at these stations (preferably one operated by the same TOC who issued the original ticket).

I suspect that it is not possible to do a changeover from a Travelcard to a purely point to point season ticket, but am happy to be proved wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.