• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Zone 6 vs Surbiton ticket query

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAPhil

I'm intending to make a one-way journey from London to Cowes West this Thursday evening. I have an annual all zones travelcard/gold card. Normally I buy a boundary zone six to Cowes ticket at Waterloo, price 29.90. As I'm going to be in a hurry I was planning to buy online and collect in advance. Since I can't get the above ticket online, I was intending to buy from Surbiton. I notice that a Surbiton via Woking to Cowes West ticket is available for 29.65. I can't see any reason why this wouldn't valid - can anyone confirm this would be OK?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The only limiting factor is that your train has to go via Surbiton (which, if you are sticking to the main line, it certainly will!)

There is absolutely no requirement for the train to call at Surbiton in this case, as confirmed in NRCoT 14.2

NRCoT 14.2 said:
If you are using a Season Ticket, daily Zonal Ticket, or another area based Ticket such as a concessionary pass, ranger or rover in conjunction with another Ticket and the last station at which one Ticket is valid and the first station that the other Ticket is valid are the same, then the train does not need to call at that station for your combination to be valid.

SAPhil

Thanks for both replies. Ticket purchased -now all I've got to do is catch the train!

Status
Not open for further replies.