• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Zooey Deschanel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zoe

Established Member
Really? Did she hate her name as well? I really shouldn't complain as it is my middle name. Victoria is kinda normal, so i guess it balances it out!
I never asked as I heard her name before I heard of the Cornish village and didn't think it was that unusual at the time. It's all very well having a normal name but there are some names that are used a lot these days and it can be annoying if you are in a group where quite a few people have the same name.

Kernowfem

I never asked as I heard her name before I heard of the Cornish village and didn't think it was that unusual at the time. It's all very well having a normal name but there are some names that are used a lot these days and it can be annoying if you are in a group where quite a few people have the same name.

Indeed, but at the same time i would rather still have normal. I would imagne 'Judd Trump' got a fair bit of hassle over his name.....

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Yes, that's the one.

I watched the first episode of New Girl last night - it's got critical acclaim in the US, but has got something of a lukewarm reaction here from critics. I think it had some good comedy moments (I laughed out loud a few times) and I'll keep watching it, but I don't think its as good as 30 Rock or some other US imports.

Don't believe Channel 4's PR, it got a lukewarm reception over here as well. The scripting and siutuations seemed very weak, I only watched two episodes. I like her a lot and her films are great, but this was a miss.

Most of the new series that were decent in the autumn season were picked up by Sky. C4 have picked up Homeland though, which just finished here. It is one of the picks of the season.

Watch out for Person of Interest (Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson) when it makes it to the UK. The series hasn't finished yet here, 11 full hour long episodes so far and still going, but its probably the best.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Don't believe Channel 4's PR, it got a lukewarm reception over here as well. The scripting and siutuations seemed very weak, I only watched two episodes. I like her a lot and her films are great, but this was a miss.

Having watched the second episode, I've got to agree. Definitely lukewarm.

Dave have picked up a comedy-drama called Suits from somewhere which seems like a much better bet.

Ivo

Established Member
My mum and dad gave me a normal first name then proceeded to give me a middle name named after a small cornish village Sennen.

I actually think that [insert Kernowfem's name here] Sennen flows quite well. It would just depend on your surname to see if it matches it as well or not. I'm not so sure about the short form of your name matching Sennen though :|

Kernowfem

I actually think that [insert Kernowfem's name here] Sennen flows quite well. It would just depend on your surname to see if it matches it as well or not. I'm not so sure about the short form of your name matching Sennen though :|

I was never really meant to shorten my first name, others did it for me....i just followed it on. I only get Victoria now if i'm in trouble :)

Gmac

I've just dumped Kylie and Danni so I am free for Emily and Zooey. Its a hard life

Status
Not open for further replies.