• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Northern Premier League...Premier Division

FC United of Manchester 0 ... Hyde United 2

Always good matches between these two teams and the attendance, despite the weather, was 1,711. Hyde took the lead in the 32nd minute and added a second just three minutes into the second half.

This result sees Hyde now in fourth place and the new signings have given more impetus to the team.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Another hatrick for Harry Kane and an excellent win for Bayern.
Poor from BVB.
That was his third hat-trick this season that were part of his very impressive start at his new club as he now has scored 15 Bundesliga goals in 10 appearances for Bayern Munich.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Manchester United are the highest-placed team in the Premier League....with a minus goal difference.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Harvester

Established Member
Luton 1 Liverpool 1. Luton are defying the critics, with Liverpool just grabbing point in stoppage time.

75A

Established Member
Well done Luton, a cracking effort, if you keep playing like that you've got every chance of staying up.
As to Herr Klopp ,he can't blame VAR for that display, some of his players need to be shown what to do when you have the ball in front of an open goal.

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
Swindon Town 4 Aldershot 7

A lot of the media are claiming that this was the first time a non league club has scored 7 against a league side in the FA Cup. Had they checked their records properly, they would have found that this is false.

In 1905/06, Crystal Palace, playing in the second division of the Southern League, beat Football League D2 Chelsea 7-1 at Crystal Palace Stadium, which was the FA Cup final venue at the time. This was in the 3rd qualifying round which is equivalent to today's first round proper.

Sorry to spoil a good story.

Footnote: Interestingly, Chelsea played a D2 game the same day, beating Burnley 1-0 at Stamford Bridge. This suggests that they sent a reserve side to Palace - a bit like Bradford did to an FA cup tie at Denby Dale a few years later when our reserves recorded a club record 11-0 win while the first team lost 2-0 to Grimsby..

Last edited:

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Swindon Town 4 Aldershot 7

A lot of the media are claiming that this was the first time a non league club has scored 7 against a league side in the FA Cup.
Probably the very first time it's been done by a non league club as the away side against League opposition. Not much chance that a modern day journo would know anything about an obscure FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round tie from November 1905.

Football didn't exist before "Year Zero" (1992) did it?

youngiecj

Probably the very first time it's been done by a non league club as the away side against League opposition. Not much chance that a modern day journo would know anything about an obscure FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round tie from November 1905.

Football didn't exist before "Year Zero" (1992) did it?
I think Boston still hold the record the biggest away win as a non league side at a football league side. Winning 6-1 away at Derby in 1955..

75A

Established Member
Tottenham 1 Chelsea 1 @ Half Time

Wow, what a game to watch as a neutral, VAR disallowing goals (Offsides & a Handball) , Tottenham player (Romero) rightly sent off for a foul that gave Chelsea the penalty which they scored.
Spurs were lucky they hadn't already had Udogie sent off earlier on, for retaliation.
Can't remember seeing Spurs this committed (dirty) for a very long time.

12 minutes of added time, mainly due to all the VAR's.

Can't wait for the second half.

Darandio

Established Member
Wow, what a game to watch as a neutral, VAR disallowing goals (Offsides & a Handball) , Tottenham player (Romero) rightly sent off for a foul that gave Chelsea the penalty which they scored.
Spurs were lucky they hadn't already had Udogie sent off earlier on, for retaliation.

It was Romero himself who avoided a red earlier for retaliation. Udogie somehow avoided a red for flying in off the ground with both feet.

Crazy game.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Charlton Athletic 1 Cray Valley Paper Mills 1

Shown live in its entirety live on BBC, I had to watch this on two accounts. First, the Valley is the only football ground I've ever been to, the last time being over 65 years ago. Second, Cray Valley (whom I'd never heard of) apparently play in Eltham, where I spent all my childhood years.

A very poor quality game. really. My, how the Charlton I'd seen playing in the first tier of English football have deteriorated to this lot! All credit to Cray Valley, hoped you'd win but at least you get a replay and a payday. If Cray Valley had won, it would apparently have created a new F.A. Cup away record of the longest gap in the relative position between two clubs for the victors, according to a BBC commentator.

Tottenham 1 Chelsea 1 @ Half Time

Can't remember seeing Spurs this committed (dirty) for a very long time.

12 minutes of added time, mainly due to all the VAR's.

Can't wait for the second half.
As a spurs fan myself I cannot believe my eyes

75A

Established Member
35 minutes to go and Spurs are down to 9 men!
Udogie got a second yellow card after a bad tackle on Raheem Sterling, who is for me the best player on the pitch at the moment.

75A

Established Member
Tottenham 1 Chelsea 4 (Jackson hat-trick)

Now that was the best entertainment I've seen on a football pitch for a very long time.
5 goals disallowed, 2 players sent off and Spurs to their credit never gave up, well done to the Manager who rearranged the team after the sending offs.
Man of the match for me had to be the Spurs goalie Vicario who really was exceptional, have to say the match officials were some of the best I've seen..

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Charlton Athletic 1 Cray Valley Paper Mills 1

Shown live in its entirety live on BBC, I had to watch this on two accounts. First, the Valley is the only football ground I've ever been to, the last time being over 65 years ago. Second, Cray Valley (whom I'd never heard of) apparently play in Eltham, where I spent all my childhood years.

A very poor quality game. really. My, how the Charlton I'd seen playing in the first tier of English football have deteriorated to this lot! All credit to Cray Valley, hoped you'd win but at least you get a replay and a payday. If Cray Valley had won, it would apparently have created a new F.A. Cup away record of the longest gap in the relative position between two clubs for the victors, according to a BBC commentator.
The FA Cup loves a good story...

The cross that led to Cray Valley's equalising own-goal was from Kyrell Lisbie, son of former Charlton Athletic player Kevin Lisbie from the Addicks' Premier League days.

Tottenham Hotspur 1-4 Chelsea

Great game for the neutral. Not a great game for a spurs fan. Our 9 players on the pitch at the end played their best. Hojbjerg, Porro, Vicario, Dier all played well.

Admittedly it was our high line and lack of discipline which cost us. The floodgates opened at the end. Romeo completely lost his head, he was always going to be sent off. Udogie has been brilliant so far this season but I don't know what he was thinking.

Our main worry is Van De Ven. Everyone will surely wish him a speedy recovery. We will be without our two best CBs for the next three games, including our game against Manchester City. I hope Maddison only picked up a knock and will be fine to play next week

We move on. We played so well for the first 49 minutes of the second half. Up to Wolverhampton for the Saturday lunchtime kick off. Come On You Spurs

(Technically we beat Arsenal as the longest unbeaten Premier League team this season. They conceded after 64 minutes, we conceded after 75.)

Busaholic

Veteran Member
The FA Cup loves a good story...

The cross that led to Cray Valley's equalising own-goal was from Kyrell Lisbie, son of former Charlton Athletic player Kevin Lisbie from the Addicks' Premier League days.
Yes, that was a great story and I was over the moon for him.

Drogba11CFC

Spuds 1 Chelsea 4.

Chicken and chips anyone?

Given how in Australia, the c-bomb is a noun, verb, adjective, adverb, pronoun, preposition, conjunction and any other grammatical construct, Postecoglou is probably resembling a Malcolm Tucker tribute act right about now.

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
Brings back memories of sitting among the Cray Valley (Paper Mills) contingent at the 2019 FA Vase and FA trophy finals. It was like a garden fete with mothers there with their prams. I chose that section as the available seats had better views than those in the Leyton Orient end (one of the teams I supported during Bradford's 14-year hibernation). Sadly both the Millers and Os were beaten.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Brings back memories of sitting among the Cray Valley (Paper Mills) contingent at the 2019 FA Vase and FA trophy finals. It was like a garden fete with mothers there with their prams. I chose that section as the available seats had better views than those in the Leyton Orient end (one of the teams I supported during Bradford's 14-year hibernation). Sadly both the Millers and Os were beaten.
I read somewhere that the aforementioned Kevin Lisbie supported two league teams, Charlton Athletic and Leyton Orient.

Drogba11CFC

I think I was in the Fylde section - it was a damn sight more enjoyable than being surrounded by those bloody Wrexham fans three years later!

Purple Train

Established Member
Tottenham Hotspur 1-4 Chelsea

Great game for the neutral. Not a great game for a spurs fan. Our 9 players on the pitch at the end played their best. Hojbjerg, Porro, Vicario, Dier all played well.

Admittedly it was our high line and lack of discipline which cost us. The floodgates opened at the end. Romeo completely lost his head, he was always going to be sent off. Udogie has been brilliant so far this season but I don't know what he was thinking.

Our main worry is Van De Ven. Everyone will surely wish him a speedy recovery. We will be without our two best CBs for the next three games, including our game against Manchester City. I hope Maddison only picked up a knock and will be fine to play next week

We move on. We played so well for the first 49 minutes of the second half. Up to Wolverhampton for the Saturday lunchtime kick off. Come On You Spurs

(Technically we beat Arsenal as the longest unbeaten Premier League team this season. They conceded after 64 minutes, we conceded after 75.)
It was also very refreshing to read Postecoglou's post-match reaction, rather than Mikel Arteta's whining. A great coach and a good man, who I'm sure will do excellent things for you in the next few years if he is given the time!

8A Rail

Established Member
Well done Luton, a cracking effort, if you keep playing like that you've got every chance of staying up.
As to Herr Klopp ,he can't blame VAR for that display, some of his players need to be shown what to do when you have the ball in front of an open goal.
But obviously nothing to do with their goalkeeper making a handful of excellent saves also! :|