• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds Station Improvement

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Can you comment on whether there are any spare units to strengthen the semi-fasts at least? I suppose it's progress if we get faster, more resilient journeys, but if no extra capacity is provided it's a lot of effort for not much output. And it's still not going to be great if after all this, you can't fit on the Hallam Stopper because it's full of Castleford commuters...
The obvious solution to that conundrum for passengers heading to points south of Wakefield, is to join the semi-fast and change onto the stopper at Kirkgate.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
The obvious solution to that conundrum for passengers heading to points south of Wakefield, is to join the semi-fast and change onto the stopper at Kirkgate.
The semi-fasts also aren’t known for their capacity…

But, yes, I do usually get a semi-fast to Barnsley then stopper from there to Chapeltown.

I suppose between them, there is always a back up option.

Going Northwards from Sheffield, I have been left behind by XC and a Northern semi-fast before finally getting on the stopper all the way to Leeds…

Last edited: