• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Overground to go completly DOO by July 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Well those who think DOO will be quicker on the NLL you wont have to wait to long, DOO comes in fully on the 24th November got a letter from the company whilst on leave and away. Apart from the generous recovery time we get, most of the other dwell time is caused by passengers obstructing the doors causing unnecessary delays (but that has already been discussed to death in other threads).
All I have to do now is hand my passes back, hand in my equipment and 33 and 6 months of railway service will be ended. I have applied for a couple of jobs but I haven't heard back from them so I can assume they have gone to other people. Oh well I will keep trying.

notadriver

Established Member
Surely with 33 years seniority you would have been given first dibs at the remaining conductor positions on the GOB line ?

BestWestern

Established Member
notadriver:1623764 said:
Surely with 33 years seniority you would have been given first dibs at the remaining conductor positions on the GOB line ?

You're joking?! Modern TOCs would like nothing more than to get rid of all those ex-BR 'dinosaurs' and replace them with staff moulded to the company's preferred image :-/

Established Member

If it was for the long term I would of done that, but its 6 months at the very best before these go over. All it would of done would put off the inevitable and in the meantime I would resent working for a company that wants to get rid of me anyway.

So it was better for me to leave now and hope for the best, rather then wait until possible June for the same thing.

I hope you can see where I am coming from.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
I'm very sorry that you've lost your job. The safety of LO services has now been compromised. I hope that you are able to find something else soon. My family and I are only too aware of the consequences of not having proper staffing on trains.

Good luck and best wishes,

Richmond Commuter and his family.

Monty

Established Member
If it was for the long term I would of done that, but its 6 months at the very best before these go over. All it would of done would put off the inevitable and in the meantime I would resent working for a company that wants to get rid of me anyway.

So it was better for me to leave now and hope for the best, rather then wait until possible June for the same thing.

I hope you can see where I am coming from.

I sincerely hope you are able to find new employment very quickly my friend, I wish you and your family all the best and Godspeed.

notadriver

Established Member
You're joking?! Modern TOCs would like nothing more than to get rid of all those ex-BR 'dinosaurs' and replace them with staff moulded to the company's preferred image :-/

Yes I agree but seniority is part of hard won employment conditions and TOCs can't get around that. TOCs would love to reduce t&cs to that of bus drivers for all staff but they can't for example.

I don't really know about the GOB line but retrofitting them for DOO would be costly and electrification isn't happening any time soon as far as I know.

Carlisle

Established Member
Yes I agree but seniority is part of hard won employment conditions and TOCs can't get around that. TOCs would love to reduce t&cs to that of bus drivers for all staff but they can't for example.

I don't really know about the GOB line but retrofitting them for DOO would be costly and electrification isn't happening any time soon as far as I know.

The last I heard was that it was all going to be done and dusted by next summer unless there has been a change I have missed

Established Member
The last I heard was that it was all going to be done and dusted by next summer unless there has been a change I have missed

It could well be done before the July date, the units will be retrofitted with external cameras and vdu in cab. Not sure where or when it is going to be done though.

Carlisle

Established Member
Cheers for the correction ,for some reason I thought I read electrification was going to be complete late next year .

Status
Not open for further replies.