• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Progress on Avanti West Coast's 805/807s Hitachi AT300 sets

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
805 009 was at Euston at around midday today ( well.. technically yesterday now... Monday 15th )...

...in platform 10.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

You are mistaking what I am classing as delivered.

I, and many others class a delivery move as a unit being delivered and accepted by the customer.

So as I stated earlier the move today was not a delivery move, mearly a positioning move from the factory to Oxley on behalf of Hitachi so they can continue testing.

As for livery, again you are mistaken. Units leaving Hitachi now for delivery to Avanti, depart with livery applied after doing the relevant mileage acceptance overnight on the ECML.

I won’t comment any further on it, as this could go round and round in circles.
You are of course entitled to you view, even if it is flawed.

Established Member
805012 currently on its delivery run to Oxley, running as 5Q32 Merchant Park to Oxley.

807004 is the latest unit to make an appearance outside at Merchant park, under going static testing. This is in full Avanti livery.

Last edited:

bengolding

Can anyone advise how many Standard and First Class seats are on these 5 and 7 car sets?

Will the coach numbering correspond to Voyagers and presumably there is no capacity on board for Standard Premium given Limited First capacity?

dk1

Veteran Member
Can anyone advise how many Standard and First Class seats are on these 5 and 7 car sets?

Will the coach numbering correspond to Voyagers and presumably there is no capacity on board for Standard Premium given Limited First capacity?
It's shown on Wikipedia for both classes.

dk1

Veteran Member
Well given XC are promised the 221's the quicker the better otherwise its going to get cosy during the summer on XC.

Haven’t the 221s got to have some work done before joining XC? I can’t see they’ll be making much of an impact this holiday season.

Established Member
807004 in full Avanti livery sat outside at Hitachi Merchant Park this afternoon.

pokemonsuper9

Established Member
Asked this on the TOPS requests earlier, but does anyone know which 805s were the double operating 5Q61 1231 Preston to Stoke-on-Trent.
Plain white livery, unfortunately the numbers were too small (And obscured by plants) for me to see.
Two plain white Class 805 cabs coupled to each other