• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Infrastructure Monitoring Train Driver - Colas Rail

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LowLevel

Established Member
Even the great Francis Bourgeois hasn’t been granted that particular boon… needs some friends in high places.
Used to be easy enough if you asked nicely and knew the right people, I was offered a ride on it years ago but unfortunately if I remember rightly on the occasion in question I'd have had to sort myself out from somewhere like Tyne Yard and I'd got to get back for work!

trainguard0701

Has anyone who’s applied for this heard anything back yet?
I’ve had an email to say they’re reviewing applications but this was almost 2 weeks ago now.

I've applied several times to Colas in the past and this is the only time I've ever had a response to my application. Seems positive they wish to communicate with applicants, even if unsuccessful.

Chrisjohn1982

£64,945

Mostly Mon-Fri but we get some weekend work.

Don't listen to the naysayers, if you like variety and enjoy doing weird and wonderful routes and traction, stick in an application. It's a good job, I enjoy it.
Hi mate

Could you possibly send me a message regarding this role, thanks mate

spodface

Only at the start of April. I received an email stating that they my application was still under review, similar to that in post #63. Had absolutely nothing since.
Yea same here. Who knows lol! We may or may never hear something.

spodface

Just to let people know, I've received an email today to do an online assessment, so there is officially movement now :)

spodface

Yes I also received the same email today. First time for me doing this type of test.
Me too. Haven't started it yet as bogged down with reports from current work, going to give it a crack tomorrow?
Have you done it yet? And good luck! :)

CreswellSig

I did the Arctic Shores Online Assessment today. There were 8 tests/games to measure different abilities. Some games are against the clock and others you can take as long as you like to answer. There are no right or wrong answers, just go with your instinct. The facial expressions assessment was a little strange with AI generated expressions.

Immediately after completion, I received my results in a Psychometric Feedback Report.

A2Jon

I still haven’t received my email from Arctic Shores. Has everyone else received theirs?
Did you get an email from recruitment. This was to inform you that you would be receiving the Arctic Shores email. However I actually received the AS email 24 hours before the one from Colas recruitment ‍♂️

Sunny16

Did you get an email from recruitment. This was to inform you that you would be receiving the Arctic Shores email. However I actually received the AS email 24 hours before the one from Colas recruitment ‍♂️
Yes, received an email from recruitment yesterday advising I have been progressed to the next stage. Never received any correspondence from Arctic Shores

A2Jon

Yes, received an email from recruitment yesterday advising I have been progressed to the next stage. Never received any correspondence from Arctic Shores
Check your spam/junk folder as they did say it could go into there or ping them an email.

Fittermat

I have had to do that artic shores test twice for 2 separate trainee roles within Colas. I completed them both within 24 hours of each other and got 2 totally different results. It all depends on that Colas are looking for. But at least there is a date on the email so we will know by then if we have progressed to the next stage.

A2Jon

I did the Arctic Shores Online Assessment today. There were 8 tests/games to measure different abilities. Some games are against the clock and others you can take as long as you like to answer. There are no right or wrong answers, just go with your instinct. The facial expressions assessment was a little strange with AI generated expressions.

Immediately after completion, I received my results in a Psychometric Feedback Report.

Did you do the test on a PC/Laptop or on a Phone/Tablet?