• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

01414043786 :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had a phone call from this number i have and i removed myself from there system to stop them from calling me and they have just called me back and i rang them back and it was a non-english person that awnserd and he said was i some serki person :/ :roll: whats annoyed me is how have they got my number i aint given it out to anyone or shared it with 3rd party company's,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railsigns

Established Member
Has anyone had a phone call from this number i have and i removed myself from there system to stop them from calling me and they have just called me back and i rang them back and it was a non-english person that awnserd and he said was i some serki person :/ :roll: whats annoyed me is how have they got my number i aint given it out to anyone or shared it with 3rd party company's,

English translation:

Has anyone had a phone call from this number?. I have and I removed myself from their system to stop them from calling me and they have just called me back and I rang them back and it was a non-English person that answered and he said was I some sarky person :/ What's annoyed me is: how have they got my number? I ain't given it out to anyone or shared it with 3rd party companies.

English translation:

Has anyone had a phone call from this number?. I have and I removed myself from their system to stop them from calling me and they have just called me back and I rang them back and it was a non-English person that answered and he said was I some sarky person :/ What's annoyed me is: how have they got my number? I ain't given it out to anyone or shared it with 3rd party companies.
Sorry. I have trouble putting sentences right and clear
:cry:

Established Member
Apparently a debt agency.

When they call, ask who it is, they'll either hang up or tell you.
If they tell you, you can just say no thanks and hang up, or if they keep calling do something like put them on hold until they hang up :D

Apparently a debt agency.

When they call, ask who it is, they'll either hang up or tell you.
If they tell you, you can just say no thanks and hang up, or if they keep calling do something like put them on hold until they hang up :D

i did that the first time

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Quite so, I hope Railsigns is proud of himself. I understood the post with absolutely no problem, I daresay this applies to virtually everyone else...:roll:

EDIT: Anyway, I was going to add that if you keep getting calls from them, then getting a complaint to that lot who deal with nuisance calls might not be a bad idea. I'm sorry, but I cannot remember the name of the people who deal with them, otherwise I'd provide you with a link for further information. However, I've no doubt someone here will be able to expand on that.

Goodness knows how they got your number. I don't recall ever giving mine out randomly, yet I got calls from 3 (that mobile phone lot) a while ago. Had him on the phone for about 20 minutes before he concurred I wasn't interested. Told them to try me again in a month, which they did but I didn't bother answering. Surprisingly, that seemed to give them the hint I wasn't interested!

Dai.

Established Member
As has been said on the forum you can report a number to your phone provider or just block them all together (on mobiles).

As for the number, they've not contacted me yet.

me123

Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised that it's a non-English person, as it's a Glasgow area phone number ;)

Anyway, a quick google search shows that you're not alone, but sadly you will probably get a huge number of calls from this person over the net few days.

Established Member
Sell them something next time they call, or ask what they are wearing they'll either hang up or you'll make a new friend!

rail-britain

Established Member
"Hello, who do you want to speak to?"
"The bill payer"
"Hold on I'll go and get them" (puts phone on silent, leaves phone for 8 minutes, then comes back)
"Sorry, they've gone to the Peoples Palace to try on Billy Connollys banana shoes" (hangs up)

I believe my mobile phone number was given out as part of a Tesco Mobile promotion
Since then I get such calls and texts all the time (well, may be three a week)
I use the above, or variations of
I know all the numbers that should be calling me, so can usually guess what is either an automated phone cold call or listing call

Dennis

Established Member
I've found the following often shuts up unwanted callers...

"can we change the subject please, I don't want whatever you are selling. Talk dirty to me instead, I'm starting to get an erection just listening to you......aaaah"

me123

Established Member
"Hello, who do you want to speak to?"
"The bill payer"
"Hold on I'll go and get them" (puts phone on silent, leaves phone for 8 minutes, then comes back)
"Sorry, they've gone to the Peoples Palace to try on Billy Connollys banana shoes" (hangs up)

I just put the radio on and put them on "hold". Works very well; most of them actually stay on the line for a few minutes!

Death

Established Member
Thankfully, I only seem to get nuisance sales/survey calls on my landline nowadays...Most of which seem to have come about as a result of a previous resident being rather frivolous with the number that I "inherited" when I joined NTHell! :|
Unfortunateley...Because that same company are tight-fisted sods and seem to think that caller display should carry an additional monthly charge*, I'm not able to spot where any of these calls originate from! :roll:
Call me equally tight-fisted if ye will...But I don't think £2.99 a month is a justifiable charge for having a few pulse-coded bytes sent down the line in advance of an incoming call! <(

As a general rule, I deal with nuisance calls from businesses by clearly stating that I charge a listening fee of £9.99/min (Plus VAT) starting from 30 seconds in. That soon makes 'em ring off! <D

Better still though: If I possessed a Blue Box, was skilled enough in it's use, and I was being called via a "recycled" AT&T exchange (Common in India, China and other "awakening" countries)...I'd be tempted to sieze their trunk off them whilst making sure usage was still being charged to their line, flash a quick [KP] + [Number of dodgy Japanese pr0n line] + [ST] into the trunk, then hand the line back to 'em and chuckle whilst their call-centre unwittingly racks up a huge bill for an International premium rate call! :shock::lol:<D

Status
Not open for further replies.