• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

10:02 Brighton to London Bridge today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antman

Established Member
A good friend of mine used to work for Oxford City. You do have action you can take.

I have been on a bus where it was unloaded due to bad behaviour. I know the behaviour Bus Drivers go through. It makes my job look like unicorns and rainbows.

I feel your pain but you can stop the bus and not continue if you wanted. You can call the police to attend (as happened to my good friend)

One of the best things I like about being a Train Driver is that I have little to no interaction with the public any more. Some passengers are awesome , friendly and understanding. Others are vitriolic.

I've seen Drivers flip out at passengers and they are still working. I have also seen a Driver quit his job because he couldn't really take it any more :(

If the safety of the bus was compromised I would have stopped but I didn't feel that was the case and obviously there were other passengers to consider.

The golden rule, just remember any abuse is not (normally) anything personal it is aimed at the company that you work for.

In my experience about 98% of passengers were fine.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ar10642

But this is a very isolated incident, and I'm sure that if a given staff member reacted like that on a regular basis there would be actions the employer could take. further, it's not been said passengers should "never" talk to drivers,
But as has been mentioned something that gets your blood up can affect your concentration. Even government advice is to pull over and take a break if something angers you when driving your car

OK, fair enough. I took the comments that the driver is paid to be locked in the cab and talk to nobody and that the passenger was "sticking their nose in" to mean that nobody should talk to them.

Class377/5

Established Member
Bizzare to say the least!

Its normal. Back in my on stations days I've been sworn at (yes multiple times) for trains being a single minute late on the screens even tho they've arrived and departed on time.

That said I've experienced a passenger swearing about the service but never directed at me and made it clear his feelings we not directed at me just my employer. Proof that you don't have to abuse staff but can still let it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.