• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

15/08/17 Waterloo derailment and disruption (latter likely to continue to 16/8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Well the report is out and as suspected the signalling circuits had been "interfered with" the correct and authorised work as part of the official testing proceedure, but with additional unauthorised connections that "by passed" the detection of the point end involved.
Even with this dangerous situation in the circuits, a simple "point clip" fitted to all points affected by the work would have prevented the accident, but apparently this was never applied.
It seeems to read that the additional unauthorised strap was fitted by "someone", but although that individual was believed to be part of the testing team, he/she thinks a member of the installation staff fitted it??
A very lucky close call, and possibly a "wake up" call to the industry.
Is this now referring to the final report, or the report from November that was discussed a few weeks back?
PS
Ah, I now see why I’m confused. There was another thread for the final report last November here:
https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/r-a-i-b-report-on-waterloo-collision.173804/
I thought what you had posted was very familiar, you’ve reopened the discussion abou5 the original (interim) report...

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.