• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

15/1/09 1100 liverpool street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pumbaa

Established Member
Fantastic! I wonder how many people missed their train... :D

me123

Established Member
I'm glad I wasn't there. I'd just have walked through the whole charade and complained to everyone possible. Might have deliberately missed a train to make a point.

LilLoaf

me123 Thats exactly what i would have done.

Although the mircle is how they got all those "londoners" to take part in the 1st place. Maybe they were paid !!!

me123

Established Member
Or came in on the 10:45 arrival from Norwich or something

Coxster

Established Member
Where as up in Manchester last year... :p

[youtube]SpuCVnQRjtI[/youtube]

me123

Established Member
I wouldn't have minded it as much as it wasn't causing as much of an obstruction as the London one, but would still have complained about it.

Maybe I'm just a boring old fart, but Rail Stations are not theatres.

LilLoaf

I wouldn't have minded it as much as it wasn't causing as much of an obstruction as the London one, but would still have complained about it.

Maybe I'm just a boring old fart, but Rail Stations are not theatres.

Really arn't they, some of the "performances" i've seen at stations over the years, makes me wonder.

Pumbaa

Established Member
I'm glad I wasn't there. I'd just have walked through the whole charade and complained to everyone possible. Might have deliberately missed a train to make a point.

Oh you spoilsport! If anything, I'd have joined it at the sidelines. It's a bit of fun, and something to liven up the day. And it's not if though it got in the way of important things! Obviously management et al were happy for it to happen, so I wouldn't see the point in complaining etc.

richa2002

Established Member
Great idea. Anyone moaning has just descended to new levels of grumpiness. Even worse than me! That's something ;).

me123

Established Member
Well everyone at Liverpool St seemed to enjoy it. Only takes one I guess (or in this case 2) ;)
Great idea. Anyone moaning has just descended to new levels of grumpiness. Even worse than me! That's something ;).

My problem is that it blocked off access to platforms, announcements and, by the looks of things, ability to look at the departure boards. People could quite easily miss their train.

Phoenix

Established Member
Seriously some of you are actually complaining about it???
It's fun yeah it may have caused a few problems but the point is it's a major change from the everyday bussle and it gives the passengers something to think about.
Seriously you guys step outside the station and take a breath of fresh air lol

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Personally, I feel it's just a bit of fun (although presumably not for T-Mobile! :lol:). Most people seemed to really enjoy it, demonstrated by the number of people watching from the balconies. It must have been an amazing spectacle - very out of the ordinary!

Also, watch out for AMT at 1:37! :lol:

Mintona

Established Member
If I missed my train coz of a bunch of ****s dancing like morons then I most certainly would not be happy.

Last edited:

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Sigh, some people really do need to lighten up a bit. :roll:

O L Leigh

Established Member
At the risk of breaking the spell, some or all of it was actually filmed overnight. My friends at AMT told me that they and the other businesses were instructed to stay open throughout the night to give the appearance that it was daytime, plus the filming disturbed one of our night drivers who was trying to sleep in the P10 messroom.

No-one missed their trains and no-one was inconvenienced.

O L Leigh

Daniel

Established Member
One thing I noticed about it was that it says it was at 11:00, however, one of the main A4 posters I have seen at LU stations have the clock at 10:47..

Status
Not open for further replies.