• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

150129 is the latest ex london one with FGW to be repainted. Its on the Cardiff-Portsmouth runs today with 158956.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BestWestern

Established Member
Tut tut, that will have been deeply popular with the crews then!! LOL.

krus_aragon

Established Member
150129 is the latest ex london one with FGW to be repainted. Its on the Cardiff-Portsmouth runs today with 158956.

I saw it going eastbound at Newport at around midday yesterday: it looked very shiny. It was leading the formation, but locked out of use. I suggested to the dispatcher the paint was still wet, but perhaps the driver wanted the unit all to himself?

I liked the bicycle sign on the unit: next to the appropriate door was a nice big sign advertising space for two bicycles. Peering in, there were two racks in front of a row of drop-down seats (with a table opposite).

TEW

Established Member
I expect it was just put on the Cardiff-Portsmouth service to get it back to SPM. The interior of these units is largely unchanged, all except 121 and 127 are receiving, what are either new or nicely re upholstered seats in the FCC covering, and all yellow handles are painted pink. That is the extent of the interior work. 121 and 127 have recovered but not re upholstered seats and all the panels have been painted blue on those two, along with the toilets being repainted in blue and pink and the doors are painted pink on the inside. And all units are being fitted with laminated glass windows. No sign on intermediate door controls or t-key rather than BR1 key locks though.

I expect it was just put on the Cardiff-Portsmouth service to get it back to SPM. The interior of these units is largely unchanged, all except 121 and 127 are receiving, what are either new or nicely re upholstered seats in the FCC covering, and all yellow handles are painted pink. That is the extent of the interior work. 121 and 127 have recovered but not re upholstered seats and all the panels have been painted blue on those two, along with the toilets being repainted in blue and pink and the doors are painted pink on the inside. And all units are being fitted with laminated glass windows. No sign on intermediate door controls or t-key rather than BR1 key locks though.

123 is done inside too

tom

BestWestern

Established Member
Had the pleasure of this unit today and she is indeed very shiny! Plain deep blue with just pink doors actually looks pretty good on these, I'd say I think they look a fair bit sexier than the rest of the fleet at the moment!

TEW

Established Member
123 is done inside too

tom

It's a very basic refurbishment inside though, it's just re-upholstered and re-covered seats and pink handles. It's different to 121 and 127.

WillPS

Established Member
It's a very basic refurbishment inside though, it's just re-upholstered and re-covered seats and pink handles. It's different to 121 and 127.

You should try Northern's 158s if you think that's basic :D

387star

On Moderation
I reckon Northerns 158s will see a proper refurbishment with the new franchise.

I expect the new franchise to be quite promising compared with the old one now everyone knows it is a 'growth' franchise

WillPS

Established Member
I reckon Northerns 158s will see a proper refurbishment with the new franchise.

I expect the new franchise to be quite promising compared with the old one now everyone knows it is a 'growth' franchise

One can only hope!!

Status
Not open for further replies.