• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

16-25 Railcard on Oystercard

Status
Not open for further replies.

34D

Established Member
But surely when registering it onto the Oyster the clerk who's doing it would see it's valid and enter the number of it onto the system and whatever else. Thus no need to carry it around due to the railcardcard being registered under that name/number which should be easily checkable if the RPI's can be bothered to do their job properly and check with any LU/LO Station on the system.

I've never been asked for it whenever I've been checked while it's been registed on my Oyster.

This is precisely what I thought (though I now accept this viewpoint is wrong). I'm very happy to admit that I'm wrong, though I maintain my surprise at this.

We are conditioned to 'always touch in and touch out' but noone ever mentions having your railcard/priv card with you aswell.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
I do find it slightly uncouth that there is no retrospective procedure whereby a genuine passenger can provide a railcard (and ID if necessary) to prove their innocence.

Not this old chestnut again.

The railcard photo-card number is input onto the Oyster as well and a it must be registered at the same address as the railcard. A quick phone call by a revenue inspector can determine the latter.

I don't believe that is correct. And if it is, what about Gold Record cards, or Senior Railcards, which don't have a photocard?

Status
Not open for further replies.