• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

16-25 railcard - price to go up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chapeltom

Established Member
I hope it doesn't! Saying that the only way it wouldn't work out cost effective for me is if they trebled the price! Which simply wouldn't happen.

Daniel

Established Member
Well it's gone up quite alot in recent years, so I honestly hope they dont raise it again...

thefab444

Established Member
I suspect they're more likely to raise the minimum fare to £14, or drop the July/August exception to the minimum fare.

Drsatan

Established Member
If you get a NatWest student account and opt for online banking and paperless statements then you get a free YP railcard each year for 5 years. That way you avoid the price increase :)

cuccir

Established Member
If you get a NatWest student account and opt for online banking and paperless statements then you get a free YP railcard each year for 5 years. That way you avoid the price increase :)

I did that and then 18 months in lost my wallet including railcard... had to apply to have it reissued at a cost of £10 but when they did they reissued a brand new one with five year validity from the date of reissue!

devon_metro

Established Member

Shall be doing that when my current one is due to expire!

ert47

I did that and then 18 months in lost my wallet including railcard... had to apply to have it reissued at a cost of £10 but when they did they reissued a brand new one with five year validity from the date of reissue!

:( The one I get are only valid a year at a time =/

When did you first apply? I did it back in 2008

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Curiosity strikes:

My current Y-P expires in early November. I'm interested in getting a 3-year Y-P when this one finishes, but I turn 26 about a month and 10 days after the expiry date of my current one.

Does anyone know if I'll be able to get a 3-year Y-P this year, or indeed if I can still get a Y-P up to the day before my 26th birthday? All help appreciated!

John @ home

Established Member

cuccir

Established Member
:( The one I get are only valid a year at a time =/

When did you first apply? I did it back in 2008

My original Railcard would have been in 2004, due to expire 2009. When I lost my card and got it reissued that would have been some point in 2005 and it will go out of date in September this year (so I got my 09-10 Railcard for tenner!). I guess at some point since 2005 they've stopped doing the 5 year ones.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
The 16-25 Railcard site has the answer.A 1-year Railcard can be purchased up until the day before your 26th birthday.

Grr, that'll have to do. Hadn't seen that on that website before somehow, should have known I'd not be able to get a 3-year one this year. Oh well, the 1-year one will do just fine, more time to get used to the idea of full fares again! If I fail to get the all-liner done this year, then it'll have to be done next year before I have to pay the full whack for it! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.