• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

18:38 Cannon Street > Hayes train tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire

Can anyone tell me what happened on the Hayes train tonight, it was late running and crowded due to signal failure and the cancellation of the previous service. At New Cross all passengers were asked to leave the train and cross to platform C (over the footbridge), that our train was not going anywhere due to a disruptive passenger. I jumped on the Dartford train to Lewisham in case the next Hayes train was problematic, at least there’s busses from there. But a few minutes later a virtually empty Hayes train came in now terminating at Elmers end ... the train we’d all been asked to exit. The (same) driver announced a delay apology due to a disruptive passenger. What really happened here, the passengers now on platform C at New Cross were all left behind

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Had a rear cab side window smashed on that line yesterday. Perhaps it's the same ultra low IQ individuals.

Sapphire

I guess logic to me (non industry) would be to remove the passenger in question rather than the entire trainload? And why would the passengers not be reloaded when the train did in fact then continue?

Sapphire

Seems to be some kids who use the line to get to Eden Park for trouble too. Don’t understand these idiots that think throwing stuff at moving vehicles is great for kicks

LAX54

Established Member
seems he was threateningpassengers and staff, even after being removed, seems it was already late due to an earlier unit fault delaying services, then this incident made it 42 late, so ran ECS to Vic.

Bromley boy

Established Member
Seems to be some kids who use the line to get to Eden Park for trouble too. Don’t understand these idiots that think throwing stuff at moving vehicles is great for kicks

Amazing how much trouble there is down the mid Kent. I’ll never understand why more SE REOs aren’t deployed to that area, especially during the school holidays.

BluePenguin

On Moderation
It is quite alarming to have to deal with chavs and delinquent people on the railway. I wonder how they would feel if we all went and threw stones at the windows of their houses? If I'm ever delayed or involved in any disruption as result of their antics I would forget the delay repay and personally confront them...

BluePenguin

On Moderation
Amazing how much trouble there is down the mid Kent. I’ll never understand why more SE REOs aren’t deployed to that area, especially during the school holidays.
I was wondering the same. Mind you these naughty children shouldn't need policing and it ties up resources which would be much better used elsewhere. They know how to behave and know very well the consequences of their actions. If only they were smart enough to understand the huge impact they have on other peoples lives. Going to work all day and being delayed getting home to see your family because of some unemployed idiots throwing stones at the window is something nobody deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.