• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1g21/b05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

metrocammel

Oh dear... looks like even the "Top Men" have been caught & bowled here.... I was hoping to do the B05 on Friday... but I aint doing no Portalooino.....

Established Member
End of the Line and a few groups reporting a test run this morning...
G21/B05 now allocated 87002, hopefully it will produce

Number two back out this evening and in fine fettle!
Anyone heard a latest finish date, seems typical WCML guesswork!

Established Member
87002 in fine form, lots of screaming as she got hold of the wet rail.... Bit late on the down due to congestion in Rugby area, bang on time on the return

class 313

Established Member
well,

A 321 from Watford to Euston takes around 16 - 19 mins (I dunno how many miles, roughly i would say 20 odd)

Established Member
Bletchley in 31 minutes isn't bad going if not record breaking. 89mph average or thereabouts
Was good to have a fast run after being 65 late into Euston on Friday nights 1B05! Failed Pendo in front...refund!

Still no idea when the last day of G21/B05 is going to be....smart money may be on the 8th December, but there is some question as to if it will end beforehand

Class 313, Watford is 17.48 miles out of Euston by my books

Established Member
Still no idea when the last day of G21/B05 is going to be....smart money may be on the 8th December, but there is some question as to if it will end beforehand
Even less sure now!
No-one appears to know whats going on with set, might even be out after the timetable change (!) - treat with cynicism to say the least... Full disclaimers apply.

As always some recent 87002 phots here http://www.redcow.fotopic.net/c933671.html

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
wnxx.com saying it may last an extra week after timetable change (10th dec)

metrocammel

The word... FARCE comes to mind tonight!!

With R90 again from Monday
Week commencing 18th- standby set....

Ta "37402" and "E3209"

If this materialises I may require an early morning Rugby (overnight?) move sometime during the X-mas holidays.... God I'm crazy!..or obsessed!... ;)

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The word... FARCE comes to mind tonight!!

If this materialises I may require an early morning Rugby (overnight?) move sometime during the X-mas holidays.... God I'm crazy!..or obsessed!... ;)

I believe its only doing 1R90 11th Decemeber to 15th December. After that its standy-by only

16CSVT2700

Established Member
If this materialises I may require an early morning Rugby (overnight?) move sometime during the X-mas holidays.... God I'm crazy!

Can beat that :razz:

Friday up usual time, off to work at 1800. Finish @ 2200, train to Reading from Slough at around 2210. Catch 23xx something to Cardiff Central. Bail at Cardiff Central ar.0105, stay up until 0545 for the Class 50 tour to Leeds returning 2235 with no sleep, not much food, xmas shopping and other random sh*te and from 0500 DRESSED IN A SANTA SUIT :razz:

Get in!

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yep it was on time. Shows how much slack 390s have

westcoaster

Established Member
It also did the early morning service off rugby this morning, i saw it at mk just after 07.00 on the up fast, also it passed me this afternoon flying through leighton buzzard on the down fast at around 13.40 heading for brum.

Established Member
Two excellent runs, albeit not record breaking due to signal checks. Mega wheelslip though on departure from Watford on full power, impressive spark show!

Set may not be working R90 tomorrow, to keep the mileage down after todays bonus workings. Back up to a full compliment of 9xMkIIIs.
Will be on "standby set" duties next week, G21/B05 expected workings if its going to come out to play.

http://redcow.fotopic.net/c933671.html updated with a few phots from today

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Two excellent runs, albeit not record breaking due to signal checks. Mega wheelslip though on departure from Watford on full power, impressive spark show!

Set may not be working R90 tomorrow, to keep the mileage down after todays bonus workings. Back up to a full compliment of 9xMkIIIs.
Will be on "standby set" duties next week, G21/B05 expected workings if its going to come out to play.

http://redcow.fotopic.net/c933671.html updated with a few phots from today

1R90 was 87002 today (ta TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.