• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1g21/b05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Oooh... yahoo groups is certainly being slow today isn't it.... that arrived just now!

RJ

Established Member
87006/87002 post was a troll. Its just 002. Still crap rumour about the end of the 87 on this working though.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
In response to

R.J Hamilton said:
Why do
people spread this stupid "its finished" rumour crap?

Because no-ones know when it is finishing. Last Friday was expected to be the last one but it appears it wasn't so I don't think that comment was really necessary

Established Member
Yeah but neither is people spreading rumours when they don't know if its true. This is just one in a string of them...
This is Virgin, plans change by the day if not the hour, get over it. All gen is given in good faith and is often educated guesswork as thats the best you can do.

You'd rather no gen was given out until 110% confirmed then, which means gen posts would drop by what, about 90%?

Established Member
Now i think it is safe to say that last night was the last run...

The rear coach of 1B05 was around half-full, with 30 or so G21 regulars or semi-regulars... A few more on G21 but nowhere near crowd scenes expected. No Virgin clowns, Pete Waterman etc, a million miles better than the "farewell" 10/6/05.

2054 saw 87002 leave Euston with the empties to a round of applause and shouts of "my lords" as the driver gave a few blasts on the horn

And that, surely, is that, farewell Class 87 Passenger Workings, you will be missed...

(phots to follow later)

Julian G

Established Member
Now i think it is safe to say that last night was the last run...
And that, surely, is that, farewell Class 87 Passenger Workings, you will be missed...
(phots to follow later)
87s on Passenger Workings, bye bye :sad5:

87012/87019, bye bye :sad5:
87012 & 87019 en route to Dollands Moor / Köln Gremberg on 6B01 off Wembley tonight.
Ta Rabbit Basher

1VWC

012/019 were viewed on WB last night marshalled at the front of a rake of Cargowaggons, farewell old friends (ps whats the Bulgarian state livery, think a repaint should be in order!)
AFAIK to remain in current liveries...

Status
Not open for further replies.