• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2330 KGX to Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic2009

Established Member
hi all is this a hst tonight, and if so. which one, im trying to avoid this service if it is the emt set as no wifi :(...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NXEA!

I should think it will be Electric, most leeds services are.
Nah, its booked for an HST as far as I'm aware, in case of the need for a diversion because of late night engineering works. Also its part of the diagram that works a Leeds-Aberdeen and an Aberdeen-Kings Cross service, and then works the Kings Cross-Leeds, and its usually the same set for the week. Someone will either confirm what I've said or correct me, but I'm pretty sure that's what happens. :)

me123

Established Member
This service is definitely booked for an HST: It runs the 07:10 Leeds-Aberdeen, 14:50(?) Aberdeen-King's Cross, then the 23:30 King's Cross-Leeds. It's the best diagram ever :D I'm also pretty sure that this service takes a diversionary route, and as such needs to be diesel but I could be wrong.

I've had a wee search around for you, and have no information. Sorry. The best I can do is that there's been nothing posted on Scot-rail.co.uk today. Given their up-to-the-minute reporting of the EMT HST set in Scotland, I reckon it's safe to assume that it won't be that set. This is, of course, barring a last minute substitution.

bradders1983

Nah, its booked for an HST as far as I'm aware, in case of the need for a diversion because of late night engineering works. Also its part of the diagram that works a Leeds-Aberdeen and an Aberdeen-Kings Cross service, and then works the Kings Cross-Leeds, and its usually the same set for the week. Someone will either confirm what I've said or correct me, but I'm pretty sure that's what happens. :)

You are spot on. It form the 7am ish departure to Aberdeen from Leeds, and then the half 2 (?) departure from Aberdeen to London.

Had wifi when I travelled Edinburgh to Doncaster on it back in October.

It needs to be diesel because there is no electric north of Edinburgh, of course. This allows it to use diversionary routes. Doesn't it go via Askern on the way into Leeds from London?

NXEA!

You are spot on. It form the 7am ish departure to Aberdeen from Leeds, and then the half 2 (?) departure from Aberdeen to London.

Had wifi when I travelled Edinburgh to Doncaster on it back in October.

It needs to be diesel because there is no electric north of Edinburgh, of course. This allows it to use diversionary routes. Doesn't it go via Askern on the way into Leeds from London?
Ahh thanks for the confirmation. :) I'm not sure of the routing, but it does take a strange route (possibly Askern, not sure though) to retain route knowledge and so therefore, it either has an extended journey time or doesn't call at Wakefield Westgate. Can't remember which it has. :lol:

Pumbaa

Established Member
and its usually the same set for the week.

Certainly is not - sometimes TOC control/depot control might be thick, but they are not going to stick the same set out on the longest diagram going for 7 days running.

IIRC, this set works the Hull - Highland Chieftain the next day. thejunction doesn't have follow on diagrams I don't think.

Established Member
Goes via Pontefract Monkhill, takes a diversionary route just after Doncaster, so doesn't stop at Westgate.

tynesider

The train in theory could go to Westgate having been through Pontefract (via Kirkgate, and up the bank), however, it is also booked to operate via Calder Bridge - Turners Lane, Normanton, Methely Spirits and Woodlesford to Leeds, therefore avoiding Westgate

sonic2009

Established Member
The train in theory could go to Westgate having been through Pontefract (via Kirkgate, and up the bank), however, it is also booked to operate via Calder Bridge - Turners Lane, Normanton, Methely Spirits and Woodlesford to Leeds, therefore avoiding Westgate

in theory it could, but tonight work at outwood.. is their not? or between westgate and leeds?

As of 1715 the EMT set was allocated to 1D51 (2130 KGX - LDS) tonight. 1D53, 2330 KGX - LDS is booked HST for reasons mentioned previously - the WTT route for this train is via Askern and Normanton.

Tomorrow I'm travelling on the 07:10 as far as Edinburgh. Another reason it needs to be an HST is no wires between Leeds and York.

Mainliner

I was unfortunate enough to get the EMT set from Newcastle to KGX on Monday morning. It's the lack of power sockets, rather than the lack of wifi that bothers me...

sonic2009

Established Member
I was unfortunate enough to get the EMT set from Newcastle to KGX on Monday morning. It's the lack of power sockets, rather than the lack of wifi that bothers me...

Why do east coast have a emt train set anyway? Matinecance issues or just not enough stock?

D6975

Established Member
Why do east coast have a emt train set anyway? Matinecance issues or just not enough stock?

Yup, they've had one set on loan for ages.
This could change if those pendolino 11 car sets do start working on the East coast prior to being leased for WCML use.

MCR247

Established Member
AND EMT have too much slack in their HST fleet, and them making money out of a set that would otherwise be sitting around doing nothing, is quite a result

Status
Not open for further replies.