• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

321411 in London Midland Livery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
Looks nice IMO, shame about the inside, what is the latest plan with the 321s? Thought they were going!

CCF23

I also thought LM were getting rid of there 321's. Regarding the livery it looks OK, prefer the Silverlink livery although this looks better than NXEA's livery.

Daimler

Established Member
I also thought LM were getting rid of there 321's. Regarding the livery it looks OK, prefer the Silverlink livery although this looks better than NXEA's livery.

They're only keeping 9 (I think) and those are going in a year, so the OP said yesterday:

87015 said:
...for an extra year or so at least depending upon what happens with the recent tender.

Thank goodness! I don't think I could cope with 321s for much longer - I try everything I can to get on a 350-diagrammed train whenever I travel!

As for the livery, it just doesn't suit the unit - I think it's that painted 'bumper' at the front - 350s have black there - it just looks odd. There's no green under the black around the windows either - or around the doors, and the black looks square and afterthought-ish. It looks like a short term measure (and is, I hope!).

Pumbaa

Established Member
Nice enough - but I guarantee they still won't be able to run a decent service.

Daimler

Established Member
Sorry to drag up rather an old thread, but I saw this for the first time a couple of hours ago, and it's been fully 'lined out' in London Midland livery. Doesn't look so bad now - it's still not as good as a 350, though...

p1906091017g.jpg

Apologies for the poor photo - I only had my phone on me at the time!

mumrar

Established Member
What I find most odd is that the livery was not done properly at Wabtec. Yes the 170s needed numbers and logos when they returned from Oxley, but there was still much to do from that first shot on the empty stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.