• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
Good title. :roll:

The answer is no. Simsig is a signalling simulation, nearly identical to the system that is used across the UK.

Aictos

Established Member
I'm currently doing Edinburgh solo which can be hard at times especially with the damn freight drivers wanting to run early all the time!

I couldn't do Trent on my own though, now that's hell!

Dai.

Established Member
It's been months and I'm still trying to understand how it works..

Very hard game but worth the download!

Aictos

Established Member
It's been months and I'm still trying to understand how it works..

Very hard game but worth the download!

I'm sorry if I'm trying to explain to you how to suck eggs but have you tried the SimSig forums, they are very informative over there and will quite happily explain any query however daft you might think it is.

David

Established Member
Word of warning. Don't try Trent or Edinburgh by yourself !

Ok, I take that back. Try Queen Street after you have a TCF from the tunnel towards Springburn in the middle of the morning rush hour, which isn't cleared for 95 minutes. I had trains backed up to nearly Greenhill <(

Dai.

Established Member
I'm sorry if I'm trying to explain to you how to suck eggs but have you tried the SimSig forums, they are very informative over there and will quite happily explain any query however daft you might think it is.

I've not tried the SimSig forums, I only use this forum =P

I didn't even think of using that forum in all honesty, just thought I'd try and work it out, bigggg mistake!

I shall browse and ask questions now you've mentioned it though.

GB

Established Member
If you have time to play (or attempt to play) simsig I'm sure you can find a few minutes to go through the tutorial/manual on the simsig forum.

Once you have figured out how it works then its is a great bit of software that will keep you occupied for hours. Though its a signalling simulation its more pointed towards strategy and requires plenty of time and patience and great deal foward thinking.

Learn the basics on the Royston sim and take it from there.

westcoaster

Established Member
i enjoy playing simsig for hours on end, as stated start of with the smaller sims i.e royston/drain, and work your way up, you will soon be able to run some off the bigger sims by your self, i like central scotland, bristol, and exeter, but my fav is east croydon.

Aictos

Established Member
I started off with Royston then moved onto Peterborough, Kings Cross, Waterloo, Didcot, Swindon, Exeter, Bristol, Edinburgh is currently my favourite one.

I am looking forward to seeing Kings Cross, Waterloo and Cambridge as scrolly sims though.

Status
Not open for further replies.