• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

37s on the NMT tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Planner

Veteran Member
As the title, 2x37 meant to be replacing the HSTs tomorrow on the WCML runs.

1Q27 - Crewe 1244, Stafford 1304, Rugeley 1311, Nuneaton 1325, Rugby 1334, MK 1353, Watford 1413, Euston 1433. Euston 1532, Watford 1546, MK 1617, Rugby 1641, Nuneaton 1650, Rugeley 1706, Stafford 1715, Crewe 1735, Stoke 1857, Uttoxeter 1932, Derby 1958

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hydro

Established Member
Unusual. Nothing in the work bumf about it. Are they going on at Crewe?

Hydro

Established Member
No timing point for Tamworth in the STN, but get there for 1300 and you'll probably catch it within 20 minutes.

Edit: Amington Jn at 1318.

asylumxl

Established Member
Any idea what lines they will be passing through WFJ on southbound?

And by tomorrow I assume we mean Wednesday, just double checking.

Hydro

Established Member
Watford Junction? Plat 7, Up Fast, 1413 - assuming all goes to plan.

Pumbaa

Established Member
37 or 97?

And how the hell have they they got a path through Weedon? 90mph diesel locomotives on the fasts all the way through!? Other than MK - Euston and return which seem timed for part slow line running.

It runs ahead of an ex-Manchester Pendo all the way from Rugeley really, could clock up some impressive delay minutes! And in front of the Manchester via Crewe Pendo on the way back, which is where it gets the path through Weedon to Rugby, as there's a 20 minute firebreak.

route:oxford

Established Member
When the 37s/97s are operating a measurement train, are they both operating in push-pull mode or is the tail dragged?

mumrar

Established Member
As the title, 2x37 meant to be replacing the HSTs tomorrow on the WCML runs.
Technically the title implies 2x37s hauling the NMT tomorrow, the addition of the word 'diagram' to the title may avoid disappointment (like I had)

Hydro

Established Member
Technically the title implies 2x37s hauling the NMT tomorrow, the addition of the word 'diagram' to the title may avoid disappointment (like I had)

That's what I was a bit puzzled about, I envisaged a highly unlikely power car/loco swap at Crewe. It sounds like what in fact is happening is the NMT is being replaced by TIC in a loco hauled formation, which tallies with what I can ascertain from work as it came down from Ayr this morning. Maybe the Numpty has fallen over again. EDIT: It seems the NMT has burst in some way or another and indeed, it's the Track Inspection Coach filling in.

When the 37s/97s are operating a measurement train, are they both operating in push-pull mode or is the tail dragged?

Push pull. All stock, with the obvious exception of the NMT trailers, is through wired with 27 way jumpers and control air pipes for Blue Star multiple working.

And how the hell have they they got a path through Weedon? 90mph diesel locomotives on the fasts all the way through!? Other than MK - Euston and return which seem timed for part slow line running.

Probably because this arrangement seems to be very short notice. The path is there because an NMT path is always there, it runs in the WTT unlike the other test trains that run as STP. It's probably easier to slot the replacement train into that path than VSTP another run for slower timings. Planning another run could mean that the WCML fast lines may lapse into non-compliance for track geometry testing, which isn't good as these need to be tested frequently.

Last edited:

Simon Poole

Looks like it was 15 mins late arriving at Euston

They were about 10 Minutes early passing through Rugeley Trent Valley

But i managed too get an picture and a Video of the tnt Class 37's

SDC12574.JPG

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSxxMa2AJ80

This is off topic an little but before the 1Q27 went passed, twenty minutes before, 3 Class 37's also Passed Rugeley Trent Valley, 37069, 37409 and 37038 (37038 failed at Colwich Junction)

SDC12569.JPG

Five Class 37's at Rugeley Trent Valley in the space of 20 Minutes on the WCML:o

Pumbaa

Established Member
Probably because this arrangement seems to be very short notice. The path is there because an NMT path is always there, it runs in the WTT unlike the other test trains that run as STP. It's probably easier to slot the replacement train into that path than VSTP another run for slower timings. Planning another run could mean that the WCML fast lines may lapse into non-compliance for track geometry testing, which isn't good as these need to be tested frequently.

I came to that conclusion on my walk to work this morning - it seemed very similar to the existing NMT diagram! And yes, because it'd probably FUBAR itself at the first available opportunity after not being checked, and head would turn!

I went to Stafford almost just because of this, thanks for the info. However, they were early and when they came rushing through, I tried to start filming and forgot my camera was on Photo Mode...grrrr

Can I confirm it was 37601 + 37607? Thanks.

asylumxl

Established Member
I went to Stafford almost just because of this, thanks for the info. However, they were early and when they came rushing through, I tried to start filming and forgot my camera was on Photo Mode...grrrr

Can I confirm it was 37601 + 37607? Thanks.

It was indeed. Heading soutbound, 37607 at the front, 37601 on the rear.

Crossover

Established Member
A bit off topic again, but about the 37's (seems the best place to ask the question):

Where did 37069 and 37409 come from/head to and had they been sent out just to rescue the failed loco?

I was at Stafford when they came through about 12:10 - they were on headcode 1Z99 I believe and there was no information on TRUST at the time about the move.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
A bit off topic again, but about the 37's (seems the best place to ask the question):

Where did 37069 and 37409 come from/head to and had they been sent out just to rescue the failed loco?

I was at Stafford when they came through about 12:10 - they were on headcode 1Z99 I believe and there was no information on TRUST at the time about the move.

The 37s came from Crewe, then picked up 37038 and went to Rugby, ran round 37038 and went back north to Crewe

trainplan1

Certainly provided an interesting sight at MK for the onlookers during it's pause. People waiting for the virgin trains on platform 4 looked a bit perplexed by it!

Status
Not open for further replies.