4 years to the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Guest
It is today, for your information, for years to the day that the American Twin Towers collapsed after terrorist attacks in New York. :(
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

Established Member
Joined
7 Jun 2005
Messages
1,161
Yes, tragic all those people who lost their lives. But I couldn't care less about the impact it had on america. I'm anti-america until someone gets rid of George Bush, by any means! <(
 

Met Driver

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,734
Gareth Hale said:
That is just horrible <( Presedent Bush happens to be a great presedent, the Media make's him look bad when actually is a very good presedent!
:lol:

That is quite possibly the most absurd suggestion I've ever come across. Bush is the worst president America has seen for a very long time.
 

jd

Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
675
Yeah, but we all know what Gareth is like, don't we guys? ;)
First Pacers, then the Crazy frog.....

(no offence Gareth!)
 

Tom B

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2005
Messages
4,551
Perhaps Bush should stop brainwash the americans and teach them how to spell...
 

Gareth Hale

Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
941
America is a well developed country, they don't speak English, they speak American English, Hence why alot of words have differant meanings 8)

I love Britian and I love America too 8)
 

TheSlash

Established Member
Joined
7 Jun 2005
Messages
2,339
Location
Marwell Zoo
Gareth Hale said:
America is a well developed country, they don't speak English, they speak American English, Hence why alot of words have differant meanings 8)

I love Britian and I love America too 8)
Its alright for them to speak American English, but if we were to say "Portsmouth English and London English" they'd be an international outrage.
 

Simming

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,186
Location
Cornwall
In geology we were told that americas long over due this large volcanie, that could/would mean the end of america <D

Im suprised countrys still call the language English, I would have thought the Egotistical America would have clamed the language there own, or at least tried to by it off blair!!
 

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
17,894
Location
0035
Gareth in an earlier post said:
That is just horrible Presedent Bush happens to be a great presedent, the Media make's him look bad when actually is a very good presedent!
Gareth Hale said:
America is a well developed country, they don't speak English, they speak American English
Does that include putting in apostrophes where they are not needed?
 

Dave A

Established Member
Joined
7 Jun 2005
Messages
1,161
I wish americans would stop calling the language English! Its not! Call it stupid or if you have to call it something decent, call it american :roll: Color is not English! :x

Yes, its thanks to a British person, we have the wonderful internet, which gives us access to those great conversations where you can take the piss out of americans :P :mrgreen:
 

Tom B

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2005
Messages
4,551
I also really hate the way that English (that is proper English) is referred to as "British English", whilst the American corruption is called "English". :roll:.
 

frasier

Member
Joined
29 Sep 2005
Messages
62
Seth said:
Gareth Hale said:
That is just horrible <( Presedent Bush happens to be a great presedent, the Media make's him look bad when actually is a very good presedent!
:lol:

That is quite possibly the most absurd suggestion I've ever come across. Bush is the worst president America has seen for a very long time.
Not "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" Clinton, or "Do I look like a liar" Nixon?

I don't know why everyone is so anti American. You do realise that the Americans speak English because we took over their land in the first place? Americans have a different strand of English to us, so what? Why is that a bad thing? Surely we should applaude a slightly different variation to our own language. Do you go up to people with accents that are of a Northern orgin and tell them they speak funny? Maybe you do.

Americans are not all bad, and they aren't as egotistical as everyone seems to think. Maybe if everyone stopped trying to be anti-American they should realise what they are saying is really just a load of rubbish, based upon a people which they obviously have no or little knowledge about. America is a great place, and certainly has a much better system of taxation than this country does.

Remember America is such a large country that it idiotic to leave a general statement such as "Americans are egotisical", as that is simply untrue.
 

Gareth Hale

Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
941
London Tube said:
I wish americans would stop calling the language English! Its not! Call it stupid or if you have to call it something decent, call it american :roll: Color is not English! :x

Yes, its thanks to a British person, we have the wonderful internet, which gives us access to those great conversations where you can take the saturated water out of americans :P :mrgreen:

It is English, they speak exactly the same, I understand them, it's just the spelling's which are differant, I even spell stuff the british way all of the time at school and get FULL credit for it, even in spelling class. The American's don't care if I spell in the British way, so why should we care how America spell's there word's? :roll: Just please, ACCEPT AMERICA IS A DIFFERANT COUNTRY THAN THE UK AND THEY CAN SPELL HOW THEY WANT TO

Britian is my home country, I love it, It's GREAT, but I am also getting my American Citizenship, so its offending me when you are all calling America.



And also, when did sombody in this world say the American's invented the internet? Everyone knows that the Europeans did 8)

frasier said:
Seth said:
Gareth Hale said:
That is just horrible <( Presedent Bush happens to be a great presedent, the Media make's him look bad when actually is a very good presedent!
:lol:

That is quite possibly the most absurd suggestion I've ever come across. Bush is the worst president America has seen for a very long time.
Not "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" Clinton, or "Do I look like a liar" Nixon?

I don't know why everyone is so anti American. You do realise that the Americans speak English because we took over their land in the first place? Americans have a different strand of English to us, so what? Why is that a bad thing? Surely we should applaude a slightly different variation to our own language. Do you go up to people with accents that are of a Northern orgin and tell them they speak funny? Maybe you do.

Americans are not all bad, and they aren't as egotistical as everyone seems to think. Maybe if everyone stopped trying to be anti-American they should realise what they are saying is really just a load of rubbish, based upon a people which they obviously have no or little knowledge about. America is a great place, and certainly has a much better system of taxation than this country does.

Remember America is such a large country that it idiotic to leave a general statement such as "Americans are egotisical", as that is simply untrue.
Thanks, that is all true :D
 

David

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2005
Messages
5,104
Location
Scunthorpe
I could go on and on and on........ but I won't.

My feelings of America are this. The Leaders are bullies. They try to impose their will on the whole world IE. They say "Do this or we will impose sanctions"

For instance, when they went to war with Afganistan and Iraq, George Bush threatened to impose Trade Tarifs on Steel unless we went along with them, and we are supposedly their friends :!: :shock:
 

Gareth Hale

Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
941
Actually, you are wrong, if it wasnt for America, the world will be gone now because Iraq had those bad weapons, which will blow the world up in a second.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
49,790
Location
Yorkshire
I feel sorry for the vast majority[1] of Americans who did not vote for Bush.

[1] (approx. 75% as around 50% voted IIRC and of them only slightly more than 50% voted for Bush and it was more like 49% last time!)
 
T

Tom

Guest
Gareth Hale said:
Actually, you are wrong, if it wasnt for America, the world will be gone now because Iraq had those bad weapons, which will blow the world up in a second.
The war was illegal though.
 
T

Tom

Guest
It is illegal by international law, it is legal by US law. Who wins? International law, who does Bush say wins? US law.

What do the majority say? It is illegal.
 

Met Driver

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,734
Gareth Hale said:
Actually, you are wrong, if it wasnt for America, the world will be gone now because Iraq had those bad weapons, which will blow the world up in a second.
OK Gareth, tell me this:

Why is it that the Americans are allowed to own an arsenal of 'Bad Weapons' and not Iraq?
 

frasier

Member
Joined
29 Sep 2005
Messages
62
Seth said:
Gareth Hale said:
Actually, you are wrong, if it wasnt for America, the world will be gone now because Iraq had those bad weapons, which will blow the world up in a second.
OK Gareth, tell me this:

Why is it that the Americans are allowed to own an arsenal of 'Bad Weapons' and not Iraq?
Oh come off it, you know exactly why. Saddam Hussain was dangerous, even if the claims of WMD were greatly exaggerated. He could still have had the weapons, even if at the moment we have no proof.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
49,790
Location
Yorkshire
frasier said:
Oh come off it, you know exactly why. Saddam Hussain was dangerous, even if the claims of WMD were greatly exaggerated. He could still have had the weapons, even if at the moment we have no proof.
And the USA isn't "dangerous"?

Remind me which country has used nuclear weapons to kill thousands of innocent people?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top