• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

66587 repainted and renamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darandio

Established Member
Didn't notice this elsewhere, apologies if it's in a thread already.

66587 has been repainted in Ocean Network Express colours and named 'AS ONE WE CAN'. Certainly not one for the livery purists.

D8su4gwWwAUP85L.jpg

Image embedded from @RailFreight Twitter

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CosherB

Established Member
Maybe, but it's ONE's corporate colour, so not much choice of paint required!

sprinterguy

Established Member
I noticed the pink 'ONE' containers just last week and thought they looked very bright, even compared to the usual colourful consist of container trains. I wasn't expecting to see a loco in the same scheme, and never would have predicted a bright pink 66. :lol:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Let the paint wibble begin!

Someone has actually paintrd a train pink! Superb! I really like it.

I am assuming that the usual railway enthusiast love for affected nicknames will see this christened the pink panther in no time

Last edited:

Ladder23

Established Member
Already out, worked a Southampton to Lawley Street service earlier today.

Fantastic! How can I find out the workings for this, I work around Milton Keynes, do you think I could see it pass by?

a_c_skinner

Established Member
Ah, I was struck by doubt. A wise choice not to go beyond the nameplate now we've seen the effect. Porterbrook was purple was it not?

a_c_skinner

Established Member
It is time HMG told railway companies to have standard liveries with only modest branding.

Green on Western and Southern, Maroon on the WCML. Black for freight locomotives.

mpthomson

It is time HMG told railway companies to have standard liveries with only modest branding.

Green on Western and Southern, Maroon on the WCML. Black for freight locomotives.

Because we don't want a bright modern looking railway, we want to remain stuck in the 1940s.....

a_c_skinner

Established Member
Because we don't want a bright modern looking railway, we want to remain stuck in the 1940s.....

I was really thinking of saving money, not having a patchwork of liveries over the time it takes to repaint and something that wouldn't show the dirt too much. Mainly the latter. Navy blue on the ECML BTW.

Oh and PS, back on topic, something tasteful, I'm thinking Freightliner here.

sprinterguy

Established Member
I was really thinking of saving money, not having a patchwork of liveries over the time it takes to repaint and something that wouldn't show the dirt too much. Mainly the latter. Navy blue on the ECML BTW.

Oh and PS, back on topic, something tasteful, I'm thinking Freightliner here.
I personally don't see an issue with an operator repainting a loco to honour a customer. In this country, I believe that EWS were the first to do so with their pair of British Steel blue liveried class 60s.

Darandio

Established Member

What business do they have telling a private operator what colour to paint their trains?

Status
Not open for further replies.