A career as a signaller

ArchangelA

I was told start date would be 4th Jan at the boxes I will be working. But haven’t heard anything else chases them today and they say they are still waiting for the drugs and alcohol test to come back. Which I did on 11th Nov !?
Good luck with that, Optima can take forever

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sy_!

So had my medical last week, the chap said there was a 3 day turn around for the urine test.

the recruitment team has hinting at a January start, anyone been officially loaded onto the Jan course ?

Times getting close for giving notice in work !

ArchangelA

So had my medical last week, the chap said there was a 3 day turn around for the urine test.

the recruitment team has hinting at a January start, anyone been officially loaded onto the Jan course ?

Times getting close for giving notice in work !
I went through same thing. Literally gave me 5 weeks to make a decision. Everything been last minute

Anneruon

I was told start date would be 4th Jan at the boxes I will be working. But haven’t heard anything else chases them today and they say they are still waiting for the drugs and alcohol test to come back. Which I did on 11th Nov !?
I was told the same start date, with signalling school on 10th Jan in Milton Keynes.
I did my medical on 17th Nov, was told 5 working days for the results but still waiting...
I'm meant to be handing my notice in Friday next week, it's all starting to feel very tight

UVB76

I went through same thing. Literally gave me 5 weeks to make a decision. Everything been last minute

Hi mate, how's life now you're free? Must be a massive relief but a strange feeling as well?

I passed all the psychometrics and did the Signaller Scenario interview on sat. Had my virtual interview this morning, just awaiting results now

ArchangelA

Hi mate, how's life now you're free? Must be a massive relief but a strange feeling as well?

I passed all the psychometrics and did the Signaller Scenario interview on sat. Had my virtual interview this morning, just awaiting results now
Hi mate, lets just say its a strange feeling. And I still cannot believe im there lol Good luck with youre results. Let us know how you get on

moorw003

Anybody know how long do NR typically take to contact after an interview in either the positive or negative?

Sy_!

Anybody know how long do NR typically take to contact after an interview in either the positive or negative?
I was lucky enough to be told the next day after my interview. They said at the end of my interview that I was the second to last to be interviewed and then they would be doing the grading the following day.
So I guess it all depends on how many more had to be interviewed.

Jaysub

has anyone generous enough to share some info on the new scenario questions and virtual interview?

i assume its the 8 nts questions and safe code but seems alot different this time???

moorw003

I was lucky enough to be told the next day after my interview. They said at the end of my interview that I was the second to last to be interviewed and then they would be doing the grading the following day.
So I guess it all depends on how many more had to be interviewed.
Cheers. I had my interview on Tuesday afternoon. After the interview they said they were continuing to interview into Wednesday, but hopefully you would find out within 3 days. Today is 3 days and nothing so far. I'm not at all confident in any case, but we'll see what occurs.

Amberk

I specifically asked the time frame to find out for the Yorkshire Lincolnshire york interviews and they said that it would be the 9th they started the calls

Tanky

Hi all! Did anyone apply for the recent advert for the Holyhead - Conwy line and heard anything back? I was advised I’d hear back week after 10th nov but am still waiting to hear. I presume it’s unsuccessful but am keen to apply for other posts but with feedback to improve so I don’t check emails every day waiting!

MD01

Your both right and wrong. At present TBASC is a 65 week 8 hour roster, but from January 2018 it will become two 38 week rosters. One roster (link) will become a 12 hour roster and the other roster (link) will continue as a 8 hour roster. All current staf were placed on the roster of their choice.

First of all, welcome to the team.

I’ll pm you regarding the rosters. Happy reading lol
Hi Sunset,

Are you still at TBROC?

Casey_Jones

Can anyone advise on bank holiday pay for night shifts over the Xmas period? I've asked a number of people on my patch and no one seems to be sure at all.

I'm due to start a week of nights at 10pm on Boxing Day, and I am thinking this is how it will work out -

26th Dec; 2 hours Boxing Day rate to midnight, 6 hours bank holiday rate as the 27th is also a BH.
27th Dec: 2 hours bank holiday rate to midnight, then another 6 hours at bank holiday rate as the 28th is also a BH
28th Dec: 2 hours bank holiday rate to midnight, then regular night rates

Does that seem right?

bouff34

Can anyone advise on bank holiday pay for night shifts over the Xmas period? I've asked a number of people on my patch and no one seems to be sure at all.

I'm due to start a week of nights at 10pm on Boxing Day, and I am thinking this is how it will work out -

26th Dec; 2 hours Boxing Day rate to midnight, 6 hours bank holiday rate as the 27th is also a BH.
27th Dec: 2 hours bank holiday rate to midnight, then another 6 hours at bank holiday rate as the 28th is also a BH
28th Dec: 2 hours bank holiday rate to midnight, then regular night rates

Does that seem right?
Yes! Bear in mind that LROP might be the better payment to choose... otherwise for the 28th you only get 2hrs BH pay at the higher rate and no comp day ( 2hrs at lower rate plus a comp day off seems much better to me....)

Sunset route

Hi Sunset,

Are you still at TBROC?

Hello, no I work at TBASC, the two signalling centres are nearly opposite each other across the Brighton Main Line, but the two locations (TBASC & TBROC) totally separate work locations when it comes to Signaller positions even though we share the same management at the higher levels (ie above LOMs).

Ronnie215

Can anybody signpost me in the right direction to know what tests to practice for grade 2 signaller, particularly in wales. The amount of conflicting information about what tests you do is confusing me to death. Is there any maths? Verbal reasoning? What's the best website? Any help would be awesome!!

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Can anybody signpost me in the right direction to know what tests to practice for grade 2 signaller, particularly in wales. The amount of conflicting information about what tests you do is confusing me to death. Is there any maths? Verbal reasoning? What's the best website? Any help would be awesome!!

The best option is using the search function on this thread - yes there's a lot to go through but you will also find very valuable information.

Rsteele1987

Morning I am signaller in Scotland, and wondered if anybody is aware if there is a probation period for signallers I have been advised only yesterday that it’s two years? But nowhere in the contract, Ts & Cs or learning agreement does it mention this?

ArchangelA

Anyone have experience of being on the reserve list? Wondering what the chances are of being offered a position
Applied for a grade 6 job March 2021-unsuccessful post interview. Called again in September telling me I was on a reserve list for the same job. Didn't have to do any more interviews or tests, was offered a job by October, and I'm now in training to be a Grade 6 signaller.
Don't give up hope, miracles can and do happen! ;)