• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A career as a signaller

Briggs0592

congratulations to you as well. Glad to hear a few on here have done well enough. Can I ask when they called you? I’m hoping they’re dragging this out all day into tomorrow but I may be hoping against hope!
I'm very much thinking like you iamdavid. Hoping there spanning successful calls out into tomorrow. Its the not knowing that that is killing me. I'm hoping tomorrow's calls are not unsuccessful ones.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mi&Li

congratulations to you as well. Glad to hear a few on here have done well enough. Can I ask when they called you? I’m hoping they’re dragging this out all day into tomorrow but I may be hoping against hope!
Easy to lose hope I know, in the same boat with not hearing anything yet. Time’s running out! I’m clutching on to the fact the email did actually say Wednesday so fingers crossed

HamSandwich

There are a LOT of people to get through as it's such a large area and a lot of positions - try not to lose hope :)

Rigchick

So I’ve been given a verbal offer by my LOM but am now waiting for HR to send out the actual official offer but been waiting 2 weeks. How long have others had to wait to see it in black and white and get a start date? Really don’t want to hand in my notice without something concrete in writing

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Bare in mind there is very large push to recruit at the moment, combined with HT being on minimum staffing still things will take a longer time than normal.

You’ll not be rushed off to school on day one, so your notice period shouldn’t be an issue.

I’d give it another week then try and call HR, once you’ve got an offer you get to speak to people who know what their talking about vice prior to junior staff reading off your file.

Gallius

So I’ve been given a verbal offer by my LOM but am now waiting for HR to send out the actual official offer but been waiting 2 weeks. How long have others had to wait to see it in black and white and get a start date? Really don’t want to hand in my notice without something concrete in writing
I waited 3-4 weeks for my written offer after the verbal one. I was advised not to hand in my notice at the time by my LOM which is just as well as it's been 3 months since my written offer and still waiting for a start date.

Termy

Yes, I did.. And got offered the job, very lucky for my first application too..

So keep going!

I have my interview for Feltham on Friday! Here's hoping there's still a role for me to be interviewed for. :P

MrsP2010

My husband has just told me that Severn Bridge SB is featured on a program on Yesterday channel this evening at 2000 hrs. He isn’t on it, one of his colleagues is but it should be interesting

Chumba

Formal offer can take a couple of weeks under normal circumstances, then you’ll need to complete some of the paperwork they send you (including accepting it) then you’ll need to wait for a medical. Once that’s all done then you’ll discuss a start date with your LOM based around school availability. So there’s no need to panic about handing your notice in right now, what for an agreed start date, which will take into account giving in your notice.

ffesti

Congratulations, I have just passed the shl tests, what were the next steps for you?
My immediate next steps were around 2 months waiting (March and April, so they have an excuse!) followed by an automated notifcation with an invite to interview and then an email from the LOM giving details of how it would be done (microsoft teams)

RashidaR

Hi everyone, thanks for all the support and advice this forum has provided. It has been invaluable.

I just got my verbal offer for the NE position today. I’m so excited to be joining the club! I have never been so happy to be starting a new career. I’ve also been told the start date will be sometime in October with training likely to be in York.

Ive been informed that I’m possibly going to be based in Knottingly or Ferrybridge. If anyone can share any information about these locations I would be really grateful. I am from the midlands so I will be relocating for the job.

I’m looking to soak up as much wisdom as I can from all you lovely people.

Rigchick

Formal offer can take a couple of weeks under normal circumstances, then you’ll need to complete some of the paperwork they send you (including accepting it) then you’ll need to wait for a medical. Once that’s all done then you’ll discuss a start date with your LOM based around school availability. So there’s no need to panic about handing your notice in right now, what for an agreed start date, which will take into account giving in your notice.
Thanks Chumba. Just keen to get going with my new career! I hate being patient

Kraken

Cor loads of people getting offers today, I’m very envious! Hearty congratulations all, it must be a hell of a feeling.

Ive been informed that I’m possibly going to be based in Knottingly or Ferrybridge. If anyone can share any information about these locations I would be really grateful. I am from the midlands so I will be relocating for the job.

Hey. Congrats on the offer!
I got offered Ferrybridge too today so sounds like we’ll be mates!
I’m already pretty local to the area so feel free to PM for local info although can’t help too much about the boxes themselves.

Mi&Li

Cor loads of people getting offers today, I’m very envious! Hearty congratulations all, it must be a hell of a feeling.
Looking at your location, have you applied for the North & East opportunities yourself?

RashidaR

Hey. Congrats on the offer!
I got offered Ferrybridge too today so sounds like we’ll be mates!
I’m already pretty local to the area so feel free to PM for local info although can’t help too much about the boxes themselves.

Hey! Thanks and congrats to you too! I attempted to PM you but today is my first time posting & I couldn’t figure it out. Delighted to find a friend as I have no idea what Ferrybridge is like so I’ll be grateful for the local info.

RashidaR

Honestly have been feeling physically sick with worry all day and yesterday could not concentrate on anything with the anticipation. Such a releif... honestly actually cried my eyes out when I got the email last week saying my application had been excellent. I’m so happy... wishing all the luck in the world for the rest of you that are still waiting for news, I know how you must be feeling.

Last edited:

WoollyMammoth

I waited for it in writing and I think it took a week to come but things are kicking up a notch in terms of recruitment so I’m sure it will come soon! How long is your notice?

edit
This was after all of the final pre-employment checks were complete - medical etc.
It looks like they are really busy!!

Last edited:

Mi&Li

Ah, just had a look at the NWR regions and North and East is too far from my home location, hey ho.
Ah I see, if you’re more towards the South Lincs border then probably would be a bit of a commute to anywhere!