• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia- trainee train drivers/ trainee depot drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LittleMi

I have just replied to say I have passed the psychometrics too. Will post reply if/when I receive.

Have you heard back from them?
I just received this

You just need to sit the Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT). We will let you know when an assessment day is coming up.

Kind regards
Amy

Received this earlier today:

Hi Chris

I have checked your assessments on the RACF database. Unfortunately you have not passed Group Bourdon to Greater Anglia standard. We will invite you to complete the GB when we have dates soon. If you pass we will then invite you to sit the structured MMI interview.

Kind regards
Amy

Sounds promising but will have to master the Group Bourdon!

MisterWhippy

Finally heard back weeks after my online assessment..

You have passed the online assessment however you have not scored high enough to be on the waiting list to attend the stage 1 drivers assessments. We are working down the list and we will keep you on hold for an assessment day in the near future.

Err.. ok.

Twedds74

Same here aswell??????, and have emailed back to say have already passed assessments elsewhere, hopefully will get a reply next week!?

I got an email from abelio Greater anglia and received this message: "Thank you for very much for your application and for completing the online assessment for Trainee Drivers.*

You have passed the online assessment however you have not scored high enough to be on the waiting list to attend the stage 1 drivers assessments. We are working down the list and we will keep you on hold for an assessment day in the near future." does anyone know what the threshold score is?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Davysera

I've done the SJT on 16.01.17 and on 16.02.17 I sent email to ask is there any progress with my application.
Here the answer:

"Thanks D..... We have moved your application over to awaiting driver manager interview. We will let you know dates asap.

Kind regards
Amy

It is sound nice but why I have to wait a month and send email to receive this answer?
Anyway, anyone else in same situation?

332 > 444

I've done the SJT on 16.01.17 and on 16.02.17 I sent email to ask is there any progress with my application.
Here the answer:

"Thanks D..... We have moved your application over to awaiting driver manager interview. We will let you know dates asap.

Kind regards
Amy

It is sound nice but why I have to wait a month and send email to receive this answer?
Anyway, anyone else in same situation?

I've not had any contact since notifying them i've passed previously and that I'll be put forward for DMI. I'm in the same boat as you basically.

Davysera

I've not had any contact since notifying them i've passed previously and that I'll be put forward for DMI. I'm in the same boat as you basically.

Send email and ask is there a progress!?
I remember in this job advertising was said that after the close date within 14 days everyone will receive updates in regards of their applications?
So go and ask.
By the way I have to send two emails!

jasont

I didn't realise there was a Liverpool Street depot? Just out of curiosity are drivers based out of Ilford and Liverpool Street? Or is it mainly Ilford with Liverpool Street a signing on point?

There are 2 depots at Liverpool Street, you have a Anglia and a West Anglia depot, both of which have different t&c's. The West Anglia depot will increase over the next year in size as our commitment to extra services in the last franchise deal means we have to run more services. on the West Anglia side we work a 4 day week with Sundays as extra unlike our east counterparts who work 8on and 2off.

I work within the west anglia depot and instruct new drivers coming into the depot

332 > 444

Send email and ask is there a progress!?
I remember in this job advertising was said that after the close date within 14 days everyone will receive updates in regards of their applications?
So go and ask.
By the way I have to send two emails!

Well they did contact me within the 14 days, well before the closing date. I don't think they'll keep contacting us until they are conducting DMIs. Colleagues at work who haven't been put through to assessment have been contacted after the online assessment saying they are on the waitlist.

@Jasont: when do they look to start the first course? I'm looking to get in on the WA side but my postcode also puts me in for Ilford.

Tooktook

There are 2 depots at Liverpool Street, you have a Anglia and a West Anglia depot, both of which have different t&c's. The West Anglia depot will increase over the next year in size as our commitment to extra services in the last franchise deal means we have to run more services. on the West Anglia side we work a 4 day week with Sundays as extra unlike our east counterparts who work 8on and 2off.

I work within the west anglia depot and instruct new drivers coming into the depot

Thanks. Interesting to know how it works.

jasont

From what I understand there is a course starting in a coulee of months for drivers going east and west sides of the company

gt1441

Yes, it seems like recruitment slowed down. I have been told DMI could be sometime in April but there is no schedule yet. Also been told there is a training course starting in April if DMI passed, I think someone confirmed this here as well. Kind of confused here.

332 > 444

Yes, it seems like recruitment slowed down. I have been told DMI could be sometime in April but there is no schedule yet. Also been told there is a training course starting in April if DMI passed, I think someone confirmed this here as well. Kind of confused here.

Same, they can't possibly expect people to leave their jobs with such short notice! But at least we know when to expect interviews now :)

CaseyJones

How did you find out about the possible April date for DMI just on this forum? I'm waiting for a date myself for interview and if that is the case i would start doing my research and what not now.

CaseyJones

April DMI and start date seems a bit lively but at least they're not messing around at GA.

gt1441

I didn't find out find out about the possible April date for DMI just on this forum. I have been called by resourcing administrator and been told on the phone. But as I said earlier she said maybe and no schedule yet.I found out the below in this forum:
21st February 2017 16:16
jasont From what I understand there is a course starting in a coulee of months for drivers going east and west sides of the company

RyanE1991

Does this mean if I selected Liverpool St and Ilford as my nearest depots I will automatically be considered for the trainee depot driver position and not trainee train driver position?

Liverpool st and ilford are west side so you would start off as Mainline not depot.

Shunter_69

There is a bit of a shortage for depot drivers at Ilford so my money would be on a position there.

Shunter_69

Ilford is not a West side depot. Some west side trains visit for maintenance but are driven by Liverpool Street or Stortford drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.